? about NSF smokers for mobile kitchen trailer

Smokin' D

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am in the very early exploratory stages for setting up a trailer with a certified kitchen for catering and vending. The legal stuff I can dummy through, ie insurance, setting up a corporation, permits and licensing, etc.
My question is about the smoker. The health lady says EVERYTHING needs to be NSF, so what cookers out there would work on a trailer with a porch? I know that the FEC's are NSF, but what other cookers should I look at? And for you guys that use non NSF smokers, how do you get by with what you use? Thanks. I am in Massachusetts if that makes any difference.

The Ole Hickory CTO is ETL certified which I believe is equal to NSF certification.

It varies from one health dept. to another. Some allow smoker to sit outside in covered area, some don't etc. One just has to check in the region they will be operating in. I'm working on getting my smokers rated now. We vend in the midwest where things can be very, we'll say sporatic, meaning lots of variance from county and state. Good luck. Steve.

Mine wanted NSF approved also but had to explain that the Lang was commercially made and that theres hardly any NSF cookers on the market.
In otherwards, a lot of arse kissing.

Mine wanted NSF approved also but had to explain that the Lang was commercially made and that theres hardly any NSF cookers on the market.
In otherwards, a lot of arse kissing.

there are plenty of NSF smoker around but if you can get your hd to believe you, good for you

I think Pitmaker was working on NSF certification. Give them a call.

Back