Just Back From Des Moines

gmag

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I went to Des Moines over the weekend to visit some friends and I was shocked at the amount of barbeque restaurants that populate that city. They have everything from chinese bbq to Famous Dave's.

In the mood for some barbeque, I knew I wanted to try Smokey D's but some of the locals were telling me to skip it and go to Jethro's. I didnt listen; I went to eat lunch this past Saturday at the Smokey D's on the north side of town.

I ordered the bbq sampler with sausage, chopped pork and burnt ends. It also came with six bones. We got some slaw and fried pickles on the side as well. SO MUCH FOOD! The service was excellent and the employees were extremely friendly. I enjoyed the food quite a bit and it was fun looking at all of their trophies from the Royal, Jack and BBQ Pitmasters (to name a few!!!).

I highly recommend this restaurant if you are ever in Des Moines and I would absolutely eat there again!

Also, I may or may not have taken a 9x9 take out box home with me to practice comp presentations ;)

Back