Caramelized Lamb Loin Chops & Potato Cakes

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
This was our Valentine's day meal. Wife ate three of the mini t-bones.

24 hour marinade
6 T brown sugar
4 T soy sauce
4T sherry or rice wine vinegar
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
4 T parsley

Grilled chops on the BGE until medium (about 135-145). Served with a balsamic reduction.

Used Ashmont's Potato Pancake recipe. Excellent.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37522

Attachments

• potato cakes michael birthday 4th lamb 025 [640x480].JPG
    potato cakes michael birthday 4th lamb 025 [640x480].JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 109
  • potato cakes michael birthday 4th lamb 033 [640x480].JPG
    potato cakes michael birthday 4th lamb 033 [640x480].JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 109
Great minds think alike. That all the Brethren...

Valentines for sweetie Fillet Mignon and (Happy Valentines Grandma Me Mee) German Potato Pancakes... By the way in Grandma's honor I used her cast iron skillet that I am sure cooked many before. Beef is gone before I knew it but did snap off a few pics with my Valentine eyes a rollin... lolol
I am so glad everyone has enjoyed the recipe. Please keep it alive. It has brought very much joy to the whole family since I have told them that I had posted the recipe with a great response. I have requested from family to find a picture of Grandma Me Mee to post here so everyone can see who passed this down. She was a great woman. So is my Valentine better go now....

Oh PS since I told the family there are some other recipe's coming from her cookbook as well as the other Grandma Martin. (What a great name) hehehe

PSS This recipe probably has not been made in our family in 30 years! Why is beyond me......

100_2143.jpg

100_2144.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great... Potato cakes are on the menu for this weekend.... Thank you Grandma Me Mee!!!

Excellent groceries! Love those chops from Cost Co.

Gotta try the balsamic reduction. It looks fantastic.

nicely done, man!

i went to sam's today after work and i really wanted to pick up some lamb chops... they didn't have any!

guess i'll have to walk down the street and stare at the sheep tomorrow. :shock:

Back