Nekid Ribs Using BroilKing Rib Rack On The WSM

Oldhoss

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Picked this up a few days ago and needed to put it to use:

24319hg.jpg

After a couple hours in the fridge with a homemade rub that is light on sugar. Got the costco side rib pack that has the whole rib cut in two....chine bones are on the right:

2cngu1e.jpg

Got the chine bone strips to the outside and a couple small scrape from under the ribs hanging on the handles:

rcv4ed.jpg

Temp was around 265f for the first 2 hours with a foiled water pan empty. Bark had formed so I added boiling water to the pan via a side slot I left in the foil...one on each side actually. Temp droped to 250f when the water was added and did not want to go up so I left it. The scrap pieces were done after another hour or so:

eprux0.jpg

24zx7cx.jpg

The ribs were done at about the 4 hour mark:

2zpsjdj.jpg

n6gr8.jpg

These crunchy ribs like Tiger Sauce....after a bite:

359fn9s.jpg

The chine bone pieces went another hour or so. Gonna shred that and work it into some beans tommorrow....I'll add some shots of that.

Those look real good!

Took about 4 cups of rib shred from the chine bone strips and combined with the following.....4 cans Bush's beans, 1 red bell pepper, 1 orange bell pepper, 2 jalapenos, 500 gm pack of bacon, an onion, a bunch of bbq sauce, some fresh garlic, a can of pinnapples with the juice....onto the kettle with some oak and pecan for a few hours at about 210f or so:

vqmwko.jpg

To finish off the day I got some burgers and a spagetti squash....smoked a couple of the burgers:

288436u.jpg

When the burgers got to the point of starting to cook I pulled them, changed the setup of the charcoal grate, added a bunch of charcoal then grilled the squash flesh side down. Squash were then moved to the cool side, put flesh side up and some butter and molasses added. I then added the burgers...the smoked ones turn red when they hit the heat:

2463m8y.jpg

Not sure why the butter/molasses combo looks green? Something to do with the flash at night I am thinking. Finished my burger with some smoked cheese, red pepper dijon mustard and some sweet onions:

ngq4wo.jpg

Back