View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #25
mep
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I don't like the spacing on those, either (except the Superior) I cooked on a Rebel 23 this past weekend and if I used one for competitions I would only use three shelves. I would leave out the second shelf down, and not use the bottom shelf. On my Party I had the rails built for 4 equally spaced shelves. 4" or 4.5" just isn't enough clearance for big butts without taking off some rub, so with the stock spacing butts would go on the third shelf down or the bottom shelf. The same would be true for a big brisket. We had one on Saturday that wouldn't fit in the 3.5" shelf spacing on the Rebel, and from looking at it it would have been very tight at 4.5"

I like the equal 6" spacing on the Assassin 28 much better, but the weight would be an issue.

I'm still impressed by your Assassin. It's just that my primary use is for competitions and the tighter spacing on the top two shelves would be limiting for me. I'm sure that Jeff could do one with four equally spaced shelves, or even with one less shelf if asked.
I'm sure that they can be built with optional spacing. I will have to experiment with the spacing and use of the shelves. I'm not a competition cooker but I hope to cook a mixture of meats (brisket, butts, ribs) all at the same time.

Thanks from:--->