"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

I can't smoke anything this weekend because I am going out of town. It really saddens me because I just finished my uds. :icon_pissed

I can't smoke anything this weekend because I am going out of town. It really saddens me because I just finished my uds. :icon_pissed
Send me your address and I will come try it out for you. I promise to leave left overs in your Fridge!
Jed

popcorn.gif

I need some inspiration for Sunday.

This weekend looks like pork ribs, ribeye steak, chicken thighs, and possibly turkey. Happy Mothers Day weekend to all the Mothers and Grandmothers in the forum!

The hope is to smoke a pork shoulder that will be used to make chile verde. If I find the time to do it, I will also grill some tomatillos, garlic, jalapenos, and poblanos to make the verde.

The hope is to turn it all in to a burrito for the big burrito throwdown...

Saturday I'm hoping to make it to Long Beach to sample some BBQ from the comp guys & Sunday it's ribeyes and salmon.

Phu - I'm totally jealous - y'all have Phun!

Brew 'n Que on Saturday. Brewing up a new recipe I designed for an Apricot IPA. Along with that I am doing a Side By Side Chicken Challenge. When I get off work tonight (yes I'm at work til 10pm tonight...yes I'm on the interwebs at work..yah yah...productivity schomoductivity) I'll be mixing up a brine and tossing in a chicken. Tomorrow I will take said chicken, along with another un-brined bird, rub and cook beer can-style over some pecan to see the results.

Exciting weekend of firsts for me:

First time using lump
First time smoking chicken
First time brining
First time brewing the beer recipe
First time firing up the smoker for the season (yah, yah...no "season" for BBQ...don't start)

Back