Close to pulling the trigger on a Lang 48

MJ_Tenn

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Been having a blast with my 22.5 Weber and am ready to go with a Lang 48. Been saving for quite a while and lurking around here quite a bit as well. I've never used a stick burner, but have certainly read and watched vids to get the idea.
I enjoy "nursing" a grill/smoker all day and am really looking forward to some great meals to come.
Thanks to all the great info on this site!
MJ

Can't go wrong StickBurners FTW! :clap:

PS.

No pics doesn't mean it didn't happen

But We DO LIKE PICS! :heh:

I have cooked on several Langs of various sizes that belong to friends.
The 48 is a great mid-sized model with good capacity or the ability to cook smaller loads just fine.

Great cookers and I know you will enjoy it.

TIM

LOve my Lan 36 but really wish I had bought at least the 48, but then it seems no matter which one I buy, I wish I bought the next bigger one. :wink:

You'll have a blast with the Lang 48!

However it might tend to shrink... running out of space from constant use.
Wound up getting the bigger size.. twice.

Here's a peak into your future... my 48 in action.

Holding only 12 butts...
picture.php

A mess of briskets...
P1010018-1.jpg

The Lang 48 WAS the smallest of his models offered until a few years ago... when the 36 model became the smallest patio model.

Same deal with the Lang 84 in the other direction - was the biggest option until the twin 84's.
Then came the 108 monsters... then there was twin 108's.

You'll have a blast with the Lang 48!

However it might tend to shrink... running out of space from constant use.
Wound up getting the bigger size.. twice.

Here's a peak into your future... my 48 in action.

Holding only 12 butts...
picture.php

A mess of briskets...
P1010018-1.jpg

Doesn't get much sexier than that!

Bandit, are you throwing a moving blanket on that smoker? Looks like one in the picture.

Yes... its the same idea as why we add insulation in our home attics... prevention of thermal loss.
Another small detail on extending the burn when using charcoal or lump.

The idea came from an unusual shape - a horse blanket.

I have the Lang 60 and love it. They are built well and last forever. I smoked with charcoal for years. There is nothing like a stick burner. You will enjoy it. I was going to get the 48 Deluxe and Ben talked me into getting the 60 no Deluxe for the same cost. Make sure you get the slide out top rack. It didn't cost extra when I got mine. I also ordered an additional temp gauge so I would have one on each side

Lang is probably the best bang for the buck hands down. If the option is available, upgrade to a slide out shelf. That makes everything so much easier.
Good luck on your purchase. And post some pics

go BIGGER, go BIGGER, go BIGGER. wishing for a lang myself, but would have to start getting rid of some others:tape:

Back