What's your Valentine's Day menu?

Grilling up some steaks tomorrow, she loves the flat iron cut. Then I'll be back to my smoking duties this weeken, Just scored some thick short ribs :p

Called the butcher today.

Got two nice 2" thick rib eyes waiting. Gonna dry brine them then do them on the Weber indirect with a reverse sear... 'bout medium rare, add a good dusting of cracked black pepper.

Then we sauté some baby bells, onion, green pepper, and jalapeno to top.

Sides are asparagus, and a baked potato with all the fixin's.

And, or course beer.

Oh, and the wife is stopping at Sonic on the way home and pick up a couple of red velvet sundaes to stick in the freezer for desert... (her idea)

VR,
Harold

I'm doing almost the exact same thing. There aren't many of us that do a reverse sear on Ribeye's. We swear by it though. Since I started doing them on the Weber kettle with some hickory chips, we haven't even thought of going to a steakhouse. They are nice and pink all the way through. Here is a pic of my last ribeye.

i-WckhbXf-L.jpg

Wife will be out of town for the weekend. Took her to dinner last night to celebrate V day. Friday night gotta paint the boat and get it ready for the show in March. Saturday i will make myself a nice slab of ribs and enjoy the down time.

The preggers wife has been talking about Outback cheese fries all week. But she doesn't want to go out. Sooooo we are getting take out...... from Outback........

Wifey wants some ribeyes, so I decided do whole grilled onion , steak and some bbq shrimps. Is it time for dinner yet?

Caribbean comfort food. Braised oxtails, coconut rice, sweet plantains and a bottle of Justin.

... A Godiva white chocolate bar under her pillow.

I was on my way to Fannie May to pick up some chocolates like I usually do. About half a block from the store I detoured by about 100 yards and turned into the parking lot for Binney's. :decision: I went in and asked the clerk what I needed for a chocolate martini. He recommended Godiva liqueur and vanilla flavored vodka. It's ridiculously expensive (Not compared to Maker's Mark I suppose) but we won't drink it all in one night. :mrgreen: They also had an espresso flavored vodka so I got a bottle of that too. We'll have to see whether vanilla or coffee makes a better chocolate martini. :becky:

As for dinner, SWMBO has requested salmon. Unfortunately our training schedule calls for 6 miles today which she'll do after work, getting her home too late for dinner. I'll grill the salmon tomorrow along with some asparagus and zucchini and maybe broccoli.

Nothing specific for Valentine's day. We don't really celebrate. (Although I did do a Valentine's Day scavenger hunt for the kids today. They loved it more than if I'd bought them $100 in toys. I loved it because it was free and because they loved it.)

I'm "saving calories" for the brisket that I'm smoking on Monday in honor of our Presidents. So for me tonight it's grilled salmon, baked spaghetti squash, maybe a salad. Will probably throw a filet mignon on the grill for the wifey. Fortuntately for her (and me), I'm the only fat one in the family. She can eat complete garbage and lose weight. I have to work for every pound.:mmph:

Beef Soto
Panko Shrimp
Creamed spinach
Polenta fries

Molton chocolate cakes w/ fresh raspberries

2004 Silver Oak

T-Bone for me, bacon wrapped filet for her.
Asparagus w/ garlic sauteed in cast iron on the grill.
2 scallops also seared in cast iron on the grill.
Maybe baked potatoes too.

Gonna be a late dinner, she's working the home basketball game tonight.

I told my wife that I'd take her camping on valentines day and she told me that she would make me a drink. Sounds like a good deal to me but maybe I should make her another Heart shaped Picanha like I did a couple of years ago. :thumb:

I told my wife that I'd take her camping on valentines day and she told me that she would make me a drink. Sounds like a good deal to me but maybe I should make her another Heart shaped Picanha like I did a couple of years ago. :thumb:

Looks great!! :grin:

I'm doing almost the exact same thing. There aren't many of us that do a reverse sear on Ribeye's. We swear by it though. Since I started doing them on the Weber kettle with some hickory chips, we haven't even thought of going to a steakhouse. They are nice and pink all the way through. Here is a pic of my last ribeye.

i-WckhbXf-L.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of the two I just picked up... I'll post some during and when done if I'm not ashamed...

VR,
Harold

I am prolly going to have fried bologna..... Since I am going to be seasoning fnbish cooker he won...... Did I say I love fried bologna!!!! Oh yes I do!!!!1

Nothing... going to go play indoor soccer. Yep my wife and I are romantics

Had to make Wife's Birthday / Valentine's dinner early as she has to work tonight...

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 41
Snack plate tonight for us.. THis will most likely include some type of charcuterie, cheese, berries, figs or dates, crackers, and some type of dip. She likes simple meals. Here's a couple we like to make for date night every now and then.

Champagne or wine for these nights. Beer for the rest...

Back