Thin blue when its 0 out?

NOHENS

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Do y'all see thin blue when its this dang cold out? No wind and 0 degrees. Been going for an hour and smells good but its white smoke?? No wind and a 18.5 WSM.:doh:

Could be steam... Even without a waterpan, the meat is giving off some water. I find with my UDS the smoke looks whiter when its this cold. I just assumed it steam, as I know the combustion is right.

Your Thawing and condensing the frozen moisture in the Air( steam) if it smells clean cook on it.

Copy that...thanks. I have not put the meat on yet. Getting ready to now though. Its rockin along at 250 soooo I'm going out now. Thank goodness for my Christmas maverick so I don't have to go out unless a adjustment is needed! Guess I'm in trouble though....I just realized I have no beer!!!!! Going to remedy that after I put the meat on!!!

Copy that...thanks. I have not put the meat on yet. Getting ready to now though. Its rockin along at 250 soooo I'm going out now. Thank goodness for my Christmas maverick so I don't have to go out unless a adjustment is needed! Guess I'm in trouble though....I just realized I have no beer!!!!! Going to remedy that after I put the meat on!!!

^^^ This here is the most serious offense^^^^ no beer? Come on MAN!!! :heh:

Hell at 0 degrees you could make yourself some beer slushies.

No beer is the biggest issue IMHO but I might also point out that I have had batteries in remote devices freeze up in weather like that.

^^^ This here is the most serious offense^^^^ no beer? Come on MAN!!! :heh:

Hey, hey, HEY! Easy man....I went to town and have a crapload of beer now. Weathers going to bad!!! Its resolved..... I now have LOTS of beer.

And thanks for the freezin battery tip. Just realized that I need to get the gromet deal for my WSM as the cords are to short to go through the exhaust!

If it is as cold as you say it is you had better stock up on single malt scotch!!!!!

Hey, hey, HEY! Easy man....I went to town and have a crapload of beer now. Weathers going to bad!!! Its resolved..... I now have LOTS of beer.

And thanks for the freezin battery tip. Just realized that I need to get the gromet deal for my WSM as the cords are to short to go through the exhaust!

That was a close one. I was lucky and talked the wife into a garage beer fridge, told her we need the extra freezer space yadda yadda yadda so the lower half is beer. I don't think I have ever run out...it's been close a few times. Then again I don't have the weather to deal with like you do.

I do like some of the other ideas from the brethren...get some wiskey. I prefer Jameson myself...:thumb:

Back