• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fish Tacos - Simple = Delicious!

Fake Farmer

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Got some Tilapia that is really delicious! It was a bulk buy from wherever my wife got them vaccum packaged and frozen. I was skeptical, but they are delicious, fresh and tender! We've done them once on their own, but this time went with fish tacos, and will definitely do it again soon!

IMG_4076_zps9bd96d50.jpg

Shoulda put more on them all. Don't know what I was thinking. Great blackening seasoning.
IMG_4077_zps0d87f3a2.jpg

Not gonna lie...this was the star of the show! My wife did avacado, corn, tomato, cilantro, red onion, and about 2 fresh squeezed limes. Extra fresh lime juice kicked you right in the tongue on the first bite, and then everything mixed in and melded beautifully.
IMG_4082_zps1ebdccd3.jpg

IMG_4080_zps6b8d3819.jpg

The accompanying beverage in theme and consistency with the meal.
IMG_4085_zpsefcad39b.jpg

Closeup and the whole meal
IMG_4087_zpsa640148a.jpg

IMG_4091_zps0a73b06a.jpg

Thanks for looking

Tilapia is a good basic white fish. I can see it working on fish tacos. The fresh salsa looks good, too. Nice choice in beers -- something working class Mexicans really drink in Mexico, for a good reason -- it is good beer.

CD

Fish tacos are a favorite around here. Had 'em last night! Looks great.

We use smoking guns sweet heat for our fish tacos, but we have to hit up the farmers market to get some fresh tomatoes and make some fresh salsa, that looks great

Never had fish tacos. But damn those look good.

Fish tacos can be awesome, or awful. They are very simple, but not necessarily easy. When you have them cooked right, they are incredible.

CD

The wife says that these tacos look great. The salsa looks amazing. We have never had fish tacos, but this is a definite "must try"!

Back