How to start selling barbecue grills

IMHO for a brain-picking thread like this, derailed is good :mrgreen::caked::heh:

I wouldn't even begin to know how to answer him. I don't own a propane grill and probably never will. I remember when I was a volunteer firemen we responded to a bbq fire which the homeowner put out. That evening the guy went into attached garage and turned on a light and kaboom! The heavier than air propane found it's way in to garage because the poor bastard didn't turn the valve off after putting the fire out.

Yep. Undertstood. Still though, I think another thread in Gen4sale may garner more responses specific to his request. Not too many answers of use in this one so far.
Not saying this thread has derailed, though (Yet).

You're the one that gave the most help! If it was in the for sale section Ron_L would just ask for pictures.

To the OP. 6 cast iron burners. 3/8th inch steel body. I only want to buy this once. If it s cheap thin steel I wouldn't buy it. I'm tired of cheap crap from China.

If I was you, I would look at the successful models already being sold for answers.

Ideally, for a normal sized gas grill, 3 to 4 burners, heavy steel body, sturdy steel frame etc... The market in the USA is already incredibly flooded with cheap, flimsy grills, another one will get lost in the shuffle.

Remember typically Chinese business have no respect of individual ownership of written works. One of the guys at the kamado forum saw his recipe (his exact words and his pics) being used to sell Chinese kamados. Forum owner John pulled that guy's (the Asian vendor) membership
Remember, in America, written works and images posted to an open public forum, and not otherwise protected by copyright are open game. Just claiming it is yours, does not make it yours. Unless you are publishing it, it has a copyright, and you can prove both originality and origin, putting it on the internet is giving it away.

Noooo not yet...

Woodpile, anyone?

Not yet Guerry... This might give me a chance to rack up some numbers with quality posts. If it goes straight to the woodpile, all will be lost!:drama:

What the fark is GAS anyway...???

I thought it was something I warmed the bed up with on a cold night!:bow:

Cheers!

Bill

I have a one burner gas assist charcoal grill called a Weber Performer that does exactly all I need done with gas...light the charcoal.

Not trying to be a smart azz here but

1. Isn't China supposed to be a smarter country?
2. Who gets a job selling something they no nothing about?
3. R&D is a valuable resource in any company.
4. Marketing goes a long way......

Sorry the post just rubbed me the wrong way....

Not trying to be a smart azz here but

1. Isn't China supposed to be a smarter country?
2. Who gets a job selling something they no nothing about?
3. R&D is a valuable resource in any company.
4. Marketing goes a long way......

Sorry the post just rubbed me the wrong way....

1. Depends. Espionage, Yes. Innovation, No.
  2. How many of you out there answered that ad that said, "Big money, set your own hours....?" Just me? hmmmph.
  3. True, but I think the brethren are an excellent demographic and resource for R&D. I mean, if the OP offered to send the first 100 brethren a 55 gallon new steel drum with matching lid, in exchange for data on cooking, how many of you would raise your hand?
  4. True again, but you can't market to an audience without identifying it first.. Well, you could, but you;d be stupid.

Of course, the OP could be whooshing us....

If you are selling grills as a salesman I would go for the one with the largest profit margin.

I thought I was helping.

That's what you told Mr. Harvey too...

key_art_captain_ron.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG6k9sODCfo"]The Very Best of Captain Ron - YouTube[/ame]

Language alert near the end.

You don't want to see pictures of the things folks are selling? I thought I was helping.

Yes I do want to see pictures. I just find it funny that you are the first to point that out. I do wait for you to point it out to sellers.

Back