• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Slab o Strip Steaks fer 2.99 a pound...WOW!

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Local grocery chain....The "hood" chain advertised the entire NY Strip slab at 2.99 a pound. I thought for sure it was a misprint. Went out there today, and it was fer real! Couldn't find a grade on it, but even if it's standard/commercial grade, I'll take it for that price! Check out the label...........WOW! Oh yeah! This one has some nice marbeling and a nice cap on it. I'm happy!:biggrin1:
EsmeBdaypics002_zpsab037b0f.jpg

EsmeBdaypics003_zps7f328d55.jpg

:biggrin1: I figure I can git bout 10-12 nice, thick strips outta dis slab o beef!:grin:

Our local store has those and deep discount ribeye slabs as well sometimes. I'm always very tempted but haven't done it yet. Please let us know what you think of the taste/quality when you eat one. Maybe you'll help me pull the trigger.

We don't get deals like that, but those ribeyes I grilled for NYE came from a local butcher shop and ran $6.49/pound. Considering that all the big chain stores were charging $11.98/pound, that $6.49/pound was great. My wife isn't as fond of the taste as I am, saying she probably likes the taste of the "extras" in the bigger chain cuts.

The market nearest to me sells only "USDA Inspected" beef with no grading. I have done quite well "inspecting" for myself. At $2.99 #, I would be buying one. And probably going back for a few more if it was good.

Nice score indeed! The marbling looked just fine, thats what I would look for when I buy steaks that are already cut 2-3 to a pack. What "hood" store was it?

Back