CBJ Class - Pleasant Hill, MO

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Just a heads up - we're putting on a CBJ class here in Pleasant Hill on Saturday, March 8 at the First Christian Church (519 Cedar Street) from 10 am to 2 pm. Bunny and Rich Tuttle will be the instructors. We need 24 minimum to sign up. Already might have five from Springfield coming up from what I was told by Bunny today. We'll probably cap the class at 48. This looks to be the only class in the KC area until late April so if you want to be a CBJ before the season starts, here's your chance. We'll also offer spots to judge the Pleasant Hill contest April 4-5 on a first come, first served basis. Cost will be $35 for KCBS members and $70 for non-members. If interested, PM me for further details. Deadline to get in will be February 29 or whenever the class fills up.

EDIT: I have added the application form here for download.

Attachments

• CBJ Class Application.pdf
    30.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Jeff, if you need an extra hand cooking or putting some boxes together for the class let me know.

Jeff, if you need an extra hand cooking or putting some boxes together for the class let me know.

As I understand it, Rich Tuttle assembles boxes and Bunny teaches. I've enlisted my wife to help out but if she can't do it when the time comes, I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer! :grin:

Sounds good, thought I'd be able to hear some of the class as a refresher if I was there to help out.

You're a funny bunch of farkers! LOL!

I don't know about refresher courses. Seems to me that would increase the meat cost with no income. But I don't make the rules. Someone who knows for sure, chime in.

Figured I needed an application form to get info to KCBS... Now I think I'm in order! LOL! and the announcement will be on the KCBS site tomorrow... SOMEONE has not been feeling well this week. :wink:

Attachments

• CBJ Class Application.pdf
    30.8 KB · Views: 3
I'm going to sign-up but I just registered with KCBS this week so i won't be official for a couple weeks...so I guess I'll wait until then so I get the class for the discounted rate. Thanks

Still plenty of room. A few of you guys said you or your wives were going to sign up. Don't have forms for all of you yet. We're getting close to the deadline. Get 'em in if you are gonna! :wink: Thanks!

Jeff, I'm getting my wife set up as a KCBS member tomorrow, then we'll get her into your class. As a CBJ, can I come in and audit the class for free? I'd like to sit with her.

Jeff, I'm getting my wife set up as a KCBS member tomorrow, then we'll get her into your class. As a CBJ, can I come in and audit the class for free? I'd like to sit with her.

Not sure... I'll have to ask Bunny.

EDIT: Todd, I emailed Bunny last night. no response yet. Hey Steph... if you read this, can you tell us?

Last edited:
Jeff...I still plan on attending...I'm hoping I'll get my KCBS paperwork this week and I'll sign up...Jeff

Jeff...I still plan on attending...I'm hoping I'll get my KCBS paperwork this week and I'll sign up...Jeff

Don't worry about waiting on your KCBS paperwork... just sign up. I can always call the KCBS office to get your member number. I have 4-5 who I have to follow up on anyway. I'll just shoot off an email with all of them so go ahead and send it on in.

By the way... with today's mail, I doubled the number of enrolleees for the CBJ class on March 8. We're up to a dozen with at least four more who have confirmed they're signing up.

Deadline is February 29!

Any CBJ that wants to sign up to take a "refresher" course must be included in the overall count for the instructor, however, no fee is charged, but you must sign up and put on the application refresher course and your CBJ number.

Also, Todd, I wouldn't suggest "sitting" with your wife, you don't want to possibly influence her, I would suggest sitting apart, but, that's just me.

Another thing....Bunny and Rich have left on a cruise. They're probably sunning on the ships deck with mimosa's in their hands by now! lol!

Don't worry about waiting on your KCBS paperwork... just sign up. I can always call the KCBS office to get your member number. I have 4-5 who I have to follow up on anyway. I'll just shoot off an email with all of them so go ahead and send it on in.

By the way... with today's mail, I doubled the number of enrolleees for the CBJ class on March 8. We're up to a dozen with at least four more who have confirmed they're signing up.

Deadline is February 29!

10-4...I'm filling out the paperwork as we speak and it will be in the mail to you today!!! Thanks!

Back