• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Swingbellys BBQ - Long Beach, NY

Everyone's getting on the bandwagon.... It's a great location though..especially for the summer crowd and all the co-ops and condos down within walking distance of the boardwalk...

This seems relatively easy....

Any one piggie who accomplishes such a feat truly deserves their spot on The Swingbelly Wall of Fame!

Half Slab of St. Louis Ribs
Half Slab of Baby Backs
4oz Pulled Pork, 4oz Brisket
4 Wings & 3 Rib Tips
w/ 3 Sides & Cornbread

MilitantSquatter said:
This seems relatively easy....

Any one piggie who accomplishes such a feat truly deserves their spot on The Swingbelly Wall of Fame!

Half Slab of St. Louis Ribs
Half Slab of Baby Backs
4oz Pulled Pork, 4oz Brisket
4 Wings & 3 Rib Tips
w/ 3 Sides & Cornbread

I guess i could use that as a cheat day:wink:

MilitantSquatter said:
you CA guys win... Long Beach,CA incorporated 35 years before Long Beach, NY...

Officially, our Long Beach section is only 3.5 miles long...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Beach,_New_York

Thanks for the info Squatter. I'm taking a rough quess that Long Beach CA takes up about 30 square miles. Large city mod.

might have to make pit stop tomarrow night , after willie b's on our way to wherever

I have heard of that place. I havent been up in that area for some time although i used to go there once a week to buy material

Sledneck and I ate lunch at Swingbelly's today.. We were the only one's in there around 1PM but a few more came in as we left. Good location, nothing fancy but nice place with wood tables chairs and benches, a small bar and a lot of pig decorations.

We got wings for an appetizer.. Really good crispy skin with a dry rub on top.

Then we split some type of SwingBelly sampler patter.. 1/2 lb brisket, 1/2 lb pulled pork, 1/2 rack St. Louis ribs (dry), 3 jumbo rib tips, 1/2 chicken, bowl of mac & cheese (w/sand on top), bowl of bbq beans, bowl of sweet potato fries, several pcs of cornbread.

they gave us two sauces on the side (Sweet & Smokey). had some Iced teas to drink. With tax and tip all of the above cost $70.

Some highs and lows on the taste/quality, but overall everything was edible and we left very full.

Sled asked - they cook on an Olde Hickory pit.

I took the kids last Saturday night and it was a disaster. They had a full house and could not handle it. Dinner took 2 1/2 hours. Wrong items brought to the table. I was really disappointed. The food was good but everything else left a bad taste. Lunch or all you can eat wings on Monday nights are fine but never again for dinner

Back