Smoker Joe Score Times Three!

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have been wanting to make a Smoker Joe for a while now but it has been tough finding a pot that would fit. A few weeks ago, a local place had Smokey Joe grills on sale for $22.95 so I picked one up.

A few days ago, I found a Walmart about 45 miles away that had some made in China tamale pots in stock. I took the drive after work and they had three of them. I figured since they are so hard to find I'd just buy all three.

picture.php

picture.php

Fits like a glove!

picture.php

So, I will be making a Smoker Joe in the next few days. I can't wait to try it out.

She did have a sarcastic comment when she saw it so, I may have to hide it before it's all said and done. :laugh:

But, it feeds my addiction and I needed a fix. :p

I know I have a Joe somewhere in my junk pile. Now I'm gunna have to dig it out and try this. Is that the only pot that works?

there are other brands that work. you just have to measure them. the pot i use is a differant brand. the other two pots i got were imusa that i got from wal mart for $10 ea. one of them along with a $10 sj is gone to my older son who made one and has gone nuts smoking things. you should be able to find them in any hispanic store.

I know I have a Joe somewhere in my junk pile. Now I'm gunna have to dig it out and try this. Is that the only pot that works?

It's the only one I know of. It has to be a 32qt IMUSA tamale/seafood steaming pot made in China. Some of them are made in Columbia and don't fit. I have seen one made using a can vacuum cleaner body but I don't know what make/model vacuum it was.

Save A Lot sells them down here. I need to see if its the made in China version

my local asian/mexican store has had several differant branded ones that will work. the one i'm using was bought there. just saw some other ones there that will work. ya just gotta go measure !

Save A Lot sells them down here. I need to see if its the made in China version
Just checked our Walley Worlds and they are out of stock or they are not available at our local stores. I just acquired a brand new Smoley Joe and I have been wanting to make one of these. Don't have a Save A Lot around here but I have been looking for an excuse to go to Slidell and N.O. so now I have a reason. :becky:

Just thinking that if your local Wally World is out, check on line at walmart.com. They will ship to your local store at no cost. I ordered my cast iron dutch oven that way and let them pay freight. Just a thought.

There are others that fit:

IMG_2298.png

IMG_2304.png

Found it on Amazon. It's got silicone handles, no need or gloves to lift the cooking section when it's time to add fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon.com has the Imusa pot for $20 right now. It's called the Imusa 32-qt. Aluminum Tamale Steamer.

Can someone tell me what the IMUSA measures across, in case my local Wallyworld doesn't have that brand?

Thanks

Outside diameter of the bottom of the IMUSA pot is 13 3/4". If you find one in Chinamart, take it to the grill section and see if it fits a Smokey Joe they should have on display.

Amazon.com has the Imusa pot for $20 right now. It's called the Imusa 32-qt. Aluminum Tamale Steamer.

You have to be careful with the IMUSA pots since some are made in China and some in Columbia. The Columbia made ones won't fit properly.

Back