Ballwin MO Bash recap

motley que

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
ok so as i mentioned, not sanctioned, 8 events over 2 days. Lotta catering type of places that may have been there more to sell food than compete, but the GC was Charlottes Rib restaraunt. a few teams did get multiple awards so obviously they do something right

there ended up with 63 teams and an estimated 6,000 visitors. I was the only booth selling rib tips, bbq beef (chuck) kool aid pickles and pepper jelly. sold out of everything but the jelly. still sold about 24 bottles so not to bad.

was inbetween 2 groups of people i knew. they were very helpful as my team was small/inexperienced and i took on a heavy load.

19th overall

12th in sauce
12th in dessert
10th in chicken
20th in ribs, which the group of friends thought was a joke. they were all pissed that i didnt take a walk. one of them didnt turn in ribs and used mine, got 33rd :shock:
chefs choice 43rd
chili 35th
pork 21st
brisket - last year DAL, this year 1 away from DAL. hey i had no where but up to go.

had about 20 people ask to look at my drums, and about 10-15 inquire about me building one for them. a team with 2 eggs felt like it would be easier to schlep them vs the eggs.

great time

http://picasaweb.google.com/bsiwak/SmokeAndFire2

That rib story sounds familiar. Did I just talk to you about that today in front of Smoke and fire? I was unable to compete because of a death in the family. My buddy turned in my sauce tho and I got 10th. Hopefully Columbia will be fun in a couple of weeks.

Mighta scored higher without having a KU t-shirt under your canapy. That had to hurt appearance points.

I would have taken yur sauce and turned it in. we finished in the thirties for sauce.
Your sauce allowed Carpe' Pokrem to beet us overall.
Any how, sorry to hear about your loss and we missed seeing you.

Ballwin was great. This was our second event.
Took 14th overall
1st in dessert
9th in Brisket
The rest I am not very proud of .

Didn't realize this site existed, until last night. I saw the Drums a smokin, wish i would have stopped and said hey. We were in Booth 52. Great spot to sell afterwards.

had lots of people who were there come by and check out the drums. ya found a great website, really the only one that matters for good q. nice job overall. if my brisket and chefs choice were middle of the pack, i would have jumped into top 10. pm me your email addy and i will send you the overall spreadsheets

Back