First try at Brisket.

maktek

Found some matches.
Reaction score
This is my first time posting but i have been a long time follower. I have gotten a lot of great ideas and advice from reading thru the posts. I currently have a Char Griller with a side firebox that I use.

This was my first brisket that i have tried, i was always a little scared of this cut of meat. I smoked it hot and fast and used an expresso rub that i have come up with. I smoked it fat side down for approx 3.5 hours at 350 till i hit a internal temp of 160. Then i put it in a foil pan covered in foil until it was probe tender around 205. I then seperated the point and flat and wrapped the flat in foil and put in a cooler and cubed the point and put it back on the smoker for an hour or so with some Franklins Expresso BBQ Sauce. It was so tender and juicy i could not believe I had not tried it before. I think there will be lots of brisket smokes in my future. Here is a pic of the sliced flat.

Attachments

• brisket1.jpg
    brisket1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 188
  • brisket2.jpg
    brisket2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 188
looks awesome & i'm going to try my first briskie this weekend.

did you put any liquid in the pan when you foiled or just dry?

also, which side dishes did you serve with it?

looks delicious, if mine comes out that good i'll be extremely happy.

looks awesome & i'm going to try my first briskie this weekend.

did you put any liquid in the pan when you foiled or just dry?

also, which side dishes did you serve with it?

looks delicious, if mine comes out that good i'll be extremely happy.

i just put it in the pan dry and covered it.

A couple of other things about the brisket itself. It was a 14lb packer USDA Choice from Restaurant Depot. I trimmed and put the rub on the night before the cook.

Great job on that brisket. Looks delicious!

Thanks for all of the great comments from everyone. I have another one in the fridge to do this weekend. I took some leftovers to work with me and gave out some samples now everyone is hooked and wants me to bring a whole one in for lunch.

Ding Ding Ding....looks really good. I ruined a couple before I stopped all of the psychotic behavior and just started listening to what people on this site were saying. :clap:

Excellent work! I have a briskie in the freezer, just waiting for the temps to come up and the winds to die down...I hope mine turns out as well as yours did! Thanks for sharing.

My mouth just started to water, that brisket looks great! I am going to pick up a packer at RD this weekend and smoke it Sunday. Hopefully it turns out well, im curious as to how long it took to reach the probe tender point once you put it in the pan?

My mouth just started to water, that brisket looks great! I am going to pick up a packer at RD this weekend and smoke it Sunday. Hopefully it turns out well, im curious as to how long it took to reach the probe tender point once you put it in the pan?

I am thinking it was in the pan for about an hour or so.

Back