View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #45
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw View Post
There are probably around 75+ teams in the TX draw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukenight View Post
Louisiana has many more cooks than are listed. Those are the only two KCBS events in the state. Cajun Blaze has 6 wins and came within one point of his 7th last weekend in Slidell. Bayou Boogie BBQ has 5 wins and has been close all year. Along with handful more cooks makeup the Louisiana draw. And I know for sure that Texas has AT LEAST ONE more..... Cause I am looking at it on my desk.... smile... my 1% chance......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher BBQ View Post
This list only contains KCBS don't forget other organizations count. Like your NM auto there is another contest from IBCA that will not allow it t be an auto. Also Hog Tide has 6 not 7 one of his wins won't count.
This list is KCBS, FBA, PNWBA & MABA. I have 5+ hours in this list and just don't have the time to pull IBCA (going through the IBCA list took me forever last year) and all the other sanctioning bodies. If someone wants to do that I'll edit the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnstac View Post
Mike,
We won a qualifier in CT in June (Sun BBQ Fest, Mohegan Sun) so Smoking Hoggz not an auto for that state.
There were only 32 teams at Mohegan Sun and the KCBS site doesn't list it as a State Championship (no proclamation) I was told that Mohegan Sun and Lanexa VA, didn't turn their proclamations in and thus would not be accepted for the draw. Did you get a draw invite? Have you heard from Pam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ65 View Post
The Smokey Bandits won a contest in the Netherlands, not Nebraska. Also, I'm not sure about GQUE in North Platte. We had a late brisket turn-in with 25 teams.
OK
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote