WSM, Moink Balls and a Wedding

What a spread Larry it all looks great. If you dont mind sharing, how did you come up with the Raspberry Balsamic Chipotle sauce?

What a spread Larry it all looks great. If you dont mind sharing, how did you come up with the Raspberry Balsamic Chipotle sauce?

1 cup Raspberry Preserves (next time I'd use seedless jam/jelly)
1/8 to 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar (your taste buds need to judge)
3 gloves of garlic chopped fine
Chipotles (seeded and mashed) I prefer this!

Saute the garlic in a little EVOO until tender. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. The chipotles need a little time to come to full flavor, so heat gently, don't boil.

Let cool a little before applying.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Nice job Larry, thats a nice set up also! All that pretty silver thingys!! LOL!

1 cup Raspberry Preserves (next time I'd use seedless jam/jelly)
1/8 to 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar (your taste buds need to judge)
3 gloves of garlic chopped fine
Chipotles (seeded and mashed) I prefer this!

Saute the garlic in a little EVOO until tender. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. The chipotles need a little time to come to full flavor, so heat gently, don't boil.

Let cool a little before applying.
Larry, thanks for posting that recipe, I am definitely going to put that one on the to do list. We have a family recipe for the meatballs using various jellies/preserves but have not tried it using raspberries. Btw I dont know why I overlooked your blog all this time, lots of good info you have posted there...

Well how cool is that! :whoo:

Nice meeting you at KOS by the way.

I've been selling those at school fundraising cooks - people lose their minds over them, as I'm sure you're well aware.

Wow an epic thread of pr0n!!!!

And MOINK pr0n at that, thanks for bumping this thread :thumb:

You guys even spelled it wrong back then... :bolt:

But yes they are the greatest invention since inventions were invented. :wacko: :thumb: :hail:

You guys even spelled it wrong back then... :bolt:

But yes they are the greatest invention since inventions were invented. :wacko: :thumb: :hail:

They have always been spelled the same way. It's just the IMBAS decided shortly after this thread that the word should be all caps.

A meeting by the Board of Director of the IMBAS recently decided that he just doesn't really care anymore how it's written.

Last edited:
I meeting by the Board of Director of the IMBAS recently decided that he just doesn't really care anymore how it's written.

As long as his butt can cook like a madman, and I think that's been clearly demonstrated on more than one or two occasions, it really doesn't matter.

But then how is Dan, Sargent at Arms, going to get his free briskets for catching the misspelled MOINK violaters :confused:

But then how is Dan, Sargent at Arms, going to get his free briskets for catching the misspelled MOINK violaters :confused:

I only said the Board of Director didn't care. Dan has the ability to dictate whatever he wants as far as capitalization. The rules are still enforce as Dan sees fit...

Full disclosure: there is no briskets exchanged, I do this out of love. Out of love for rules; out of love for good order; out of love for MOINK - and most of all, out of love for BBQGRAIL, the inventor of MOINK balls and Chairman of the Board/Founder of the IMBAS.

Long live the Grail and long live MOINK

Back