View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

I'm asking this for my own edification - does the amount of sugar in rub on a butt really amount to much? There is a decent amount of fat in pork butts, and watching portion size will likely be more useful than eliminating the sugar as far as losing weight goes.

I lost about 35lbs last year, my wife lost about 40. We did it by watching carb and fat intake, aggressively reducing the portions that we eat, and exercising regularly. I was able to accommodate bbq into my diet by controlling portion sizes and limiting fats such as butter and cheese in recipes.

Oh, and congratulations about your weight loss! It takes a lot of will power, but it is the single best thing you could have done for your health by a long shot.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote