• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Planes, Trains, and Barbeque - Tavares, FL - April 9-10, 2010

W

WhiskeyBentBBQ

Decided to forego the trip to the Master's to cook this event. I guess when you have the BBQ bug, you have the BBQ bug. Anyone else from the forum planning on attending?

i won't be making it this hear, but it's a great event

Good to see you on here Chad. I would go but I'm cooking for 200 people for my aunt & uncle's 50th anniversary.

Good luck out there.

I'm out, the wife would not be happy with me if I missed the "special occasion."

T.K. - Good Luck with the catering. Congrats to your aunt and uncle.

Willie - It is a great event and shouldn't be as hot as 2 years ago when we left our dignity on those grounds with a 25th finish out of 26 teams. Probably was a little early for us to run with the big boys.

Chappy - We going to see you before Grant or is that your next comp?

Buddies - I do have a few team members planning to be there but if I have to fly it solo, I will. It won't be the prettiest presentations in the world but they will get the job done.

Willie - It is a great event and shouldn't be as hot as 2 years ago when we left our dignity on those grounds with a 25th finish out of 26 teams. Probably was a little early for us to run with the big boys.

i'm sure with your latest wins you won't have anything to worry aboust this year, good luck....:bow:

Good luck to the Brethren cooking at this one.

I had plans to make it, finally got the application, and told my wife to send it in... then she asks, what is the date again.... and her reply was, I am having a procedure done that day.

My thoughts, reschedule.... wrong question to ask... she took a cancellation in order to get it that soon. Otherwise, mid to late June to get in..... then, why not fly her down afterwards, well, the flight gets in at 5:30pm on Friday after the procedure, so would she be able to function to make the flight... so we decided to not make it again this year...

Again, good luck to all.

And yes, I believe you can do it solo in an FBA event. I found that out last November in Bartow... although my wife was there, it could easily be done by one self....

Just received an email from Cheryl this morning and looks like around 20 teams are signed up for this weekend. If anyone is on the fence, I am sure she could get you in.....

Rumor Mill = Governors Proclamation???

Can anybody put some legitimacy to this rumor? Somebody was saying that a team pulled a Gov. Proclamation and made this event a Jack Qualifier.

11th hour shenanigans (sp)???

Anybody care to comment?

Whiskey Bent/Unknown BBQ?

I had an informant on the inside and I was hearing these same rumors, but communication has apparently been disabled because I never heard back. :confused:

Tomorrow is the day...I've heard

I had an informant on the inside and I was hearing these same rumors, but communication has apparently been disabled because I never heard back. :confused:

Your informant will have an answer tomorrow...I've heard.:crazy:

Rub - I don't know about you but another day has passed and I don't have any word from this informant. Hmmm

Smoke - Thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully we will see you back down here again soon.

Rub - I don't know about you but another day has passed and I don't have any word from this informant. Hmmm

Smoke - Thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully we will see you back down here again soon.

Informant said he needs one more day and may want to play the "jack" card only if the time is right???

Final answer is coming tomorrow...I have heard.

I'm hoping he's planning on playing the BIG black Jack card myself and reveal the royal flush, winning the whole shootin' match with one shot. :pray:

Chad, Rub,and the rest of the gang,

Hopefully I can make it back down that way again to bring home some more of the FL money.... :p I sure was looking to do Tavares as it is next door to my home town where I grew up (Eustis). My family still lives in the area and it would have been a good excuse to drop in and see mom and dad one more time. They aren't getting any younger.

Seeing the time, most teams are either there set up, getting set up, or on their way to getting there.

Good luck, have fun, and show them how the Brethren do it....

Bill

Back