• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Slowing Sales

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anybody else seeing their vending numbers off slightly? The area we vend every other weekend is mostly industrial with a bunch of people that formerly worked overtime. That well is drying up....Our last weekend, the Friday was off 5%. The Saturday (overtime day) was off by 28%.

We have also seen our catering bookings dropping slightly. I'd say we are of by 10% on bookings, and those booking are spending less, although we have a few wedings for next year already. Who knows....

Here in North Georgia business is off 20-30% across the board (restaurant, vending, catering) for both our own operation and the other folks in the BBQ biz that we know. We also see the lower priced items like hot dogs selling better at vending. The economy has folks pinching their pennies.

We are off nearly 40% from just 2 months ago. Yea, it's getting cold but normally they will stick out the cold for the grub. We are also finding our dogs and sausages moving alot more than the sammies.

Hoss - That's odd because I heard y'all got the best smoked coyote in Kuna. :shock: I kid, of course, bro. :wink:

Be well,
John

Catering inquiries are down! Hope things pick up in February with bookings as they have done the last few years:redface:

Geez and I considered leaving the day job at one point:shock:

I'm small and just by word of mouth but my sales are off as well... Don't know the percentage but if I had to guess I would say close to 25%...

Taste just like CHICKEN!!!! :-D
I've come to the realization that people just don't know what chicken tastes like.....

I think it boils down to being able to adapt. You need to constantly re-invent yourself to stay fresh. You also need to be ahead of the curve as far as what people want. If you are operating by the seat of your pants, you are just a mistake away from being out of business.

I don't have the secrets for achieving this but then each and every business is unique in that area.

If you have a solid business plan you can step up to success. I went into a Potbelly's sandwich shop today (I actually eat there several times a week.) There is normally a line to the door and it seems to be busier and busier every week. Damn good sandwiches.

What do they say about a successful business? Location, Location, Location.....

Back