Beltway BBQ Showdown: Landover, MD June 6-7

Just Smokin' Around

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Last edited:
I hear they have a wonderful spot in Yardley for you! White sandy beaches,palm trees and the nice ocean breeze..( ok I made all that stuff up, but wouldnt it be nice!!)L.O.L!!!
Sal,
Bill and Just Smokin Around was the GC there last year. I am still up in the air about this one.

george :wink:

I sent mine in about a month ago, Anyone ever cook there b4?
Well.... as George mentioned, I was there last year. Last year was the first year for the contest. There were 16 teams but it was a state championship. That put us in the draw for the Jack and we made it. :-D So, I like the contest. I mainly support it because I want to see more comps in the mid Atlantic.

It's a young contest that is growing and getting better. Last year being the first, there were some bumps, but it went fairly well. Jonathan, the organizer, is working hard this year to make some improvemets. The competitors and KCBS reps have provided feedback and he's been very receptive. I think 2008 will be a good contest and get better as it grows. It is a MD State Championship and will need 25 teams to give the winner an invite to the American Royal and put you in the MD state draw for the Jack.
Too bad Yardley is the same weekend, but I hope to see many of you in Landover. Actually, I think some folks are doing both since Yardley is a Sat/Sun comp.

Last edited:
offical word 30+ teams, $4000.00 in prize money and its a state championship!! anyone going?
Sal:icon_cool

This thing is practically in our back yard. - less than 30 miles away. We almost did it last year but we still to new to the sport. (Didn't have all our stuff yet) We will be there this time.

Tom

This event is listed as June 13 and 14th on the KCBS web site but the pdf file application lists it as June 6 and 7.... any one have any clue as to what's going on... I paid 2 months ago based on the KCBS dates but my son is graduating high school the weekend of the 6th and 7th ...:eek:

Just spoke with Jonathon Jones the organizer...there are 35 teams as of today...the dates are June 13th and 14...please do NOT use the link posted above as it is from LAST year
you can call him directly at 301-627-8282 with any questions

Back