Bbq Lunch Spot

grillfella

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys I hope I am posting this question in the right forum, Anyway I have a chance to open up a small BBQ joint, only opening for lunch Mon-Fri. We have not found a location as of yet, and was wondering what permits we need as far as cooking with wood in the so cal area. The reason I have this oppourtunity is through a frequent catering customer I have, I did a job for him last weekend and threw in some fatties and pork spares. It just so happens he has the financial backing with a friend of his who really loves my Q and thinks we can make some real money without the grind of an all day and night restaurant venture. Any opinions on this would be appreciated:-D

This spot is fine, grillfella. That's a dream come true you've stumbled on there! Although I sure can't help you with permit info, I can wish you luck!

Arlin

Man I don't have any info but I hope yuo share what you learn. I plan to do something similar in the near future.

Call your health department and become friends with them from the get go. They are much more kind and helpful if you are up front with them. Remember, they are NOT the enemy, they are there to help you work your way through all of this.

We have a place around here that is open for lunch and closes at 8 P.M.and seems to be doing fine, no liquor that I can tell of either.

But yes, keep this thread going and give us play by play day to day trials and tribulations. Good Luck Brother!

I was lookin into the same kind of deal about a month ago at a place next door to my house. I would agree with Roo about the health dept. I would add that the building dept would also be interested in what you are doing. I began some initial talks with them about a smoker being outside on the deck at the restaurant. Both are very willing to help if you are honest about your plans. That way hopefully there are no suprises!!

We have a bbq place in town same schedule. closed weekends opens for lunch and stays open till the meat is gone. They have their own sauce that someone makes and bottle for them. has it in the locally owned grocery stores. the seem to be doing good.

Back