Winter Sizzler

YankeeBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
:icon_shock1: So do any of you NY boys wanna come out and play in January. NEBS is sanctioning a competition in Lincoln NH the weekend of January 13th. Not just a little grilling event but a full fledged bbq competition. Chicken-Ribs-pork and Brisket. Who's in ? You can find more details on the NEBS site. www.nebs.org

Steve

NH in January, man that is going to be cold, do you cook indoors?

Wine & Swine said:
NH in January, man that is going to be cold, do you cook indoors?

You should have asked him where he will be prepping his meat though:cool:

Hey Vinny or Guy....You got heat in dem dear trailers??????

Jorge said:
You should have asked him where he will be prepping his meat though:cool:

At home in my kitchen where it's nice and warm. Well at least trimming it. I guess I'll have to suffer in the trailer when it comes time to inject :wink:

... trailer ...

HA ! Do all y'all "trailer trash" hear me...? :> HA! I say.

I'm gonna get myself some extra extremities for this one...kinda like how you get yerself a 'loaner liver' for Memphis In May!

I think we have lost our minds....collectively!

we'll be there!
lunchlady

I hear there's something in the works for Minnesota in January too... actually ON a lake. Is that still on?

Jeff_in_KC said:
I hear there's something in the works for Minnesota in January too... actually ON a lake. Is that still on?

Yeah but they're a bunch of wimps. They're not doing the overnight. No Butt or Brisket and no .....rhymes with malls

YankeeBBQ said:
Yeah but they're a bunch of wimps. They're not doing the overnight. No Butt or Brisket and no .....rhymes with malls

Aw, come on, we got em, they just hide in the winter.
And back on topic, If there is a contest here in January, I am "so" there.

Kevin said:
Aw, come on, we got em, they just hide in the winter.
And back on topic, If there is a contest here in January, I am "so" there.

Kevin, I did some more checking... it's in February. I think it's the 24th... On Mille Lacs Lake near Isle, MN. There might be something announcing it in the Bullsheet soon. It seems to be recently organized but is not sanctioned. As Steve said, no butt or brisket so it's done in a single day. If I had an ice hut... man oh man, I'd be tempted!

Last edited:
Need a link to this Minnesota thing so I can start a new thread. Don't want to hijack this one.

YankeeBBQ said:
:icon_shock1: So do any of you NY boys wanna come out and play in January. NEBS is sanctioning a competition in Lincoln NH the weekend of January 13th. Not just a little grilling event but a full fledged bbq competition. Chicken-Ribs-pork and Brisket. Who's in ? You can find more details on the NEBS site. www.nebs.org

Steve

Are you guy's kidding? I'll be routing for you guys from the comfort of my nice warm home. I compete for the fun of it. Competing in those kind of condititons would be less than fun for us. I could just see us all getting sick. Thank you for asking.

Sawdustguy said:
Are you guy's kidding? I'll be routing for you guys from the comfort of my nice warm home. I compete for the fun of it. Competing in those kind of condititons would be less than fun for us. I could just see us all getting sick. Thank you for asking.

I'm thinking the conditions may be better than 100* on the asphalt in NY this summer.

ique said:
I'm thinking the conditions may be better than 100* on the asphalt in NY this summer.

Ah, on that matter you have an excellent point. I agree I don't care for either exmtreme.:biggrin:

i love extremes! they're some of my favorite things. although i prefer heat to cold, but i think a contest in january would be fun and if i can swing the weekend off i think i'm going to try to make it, plus with this winter there is a good chance it will be 74*.
phil

rookiedad said:
i love extremes! they're some of my favorite things. although i prefer heat to cold, but i think a contest in january would be fun and if i can swing the weekend off i think i'm going to try to make it, plus with this winter there is a good chance it will be 74*.
phil

I wouldn't plan on 74 if I were you LOL.

are we sure about the trailers?!

I suspect that towing our trailers through the White Mountains in January may be more challenging as the contest!!! I think I am going to make sure that my wsms aren't moldy!!!
nancee

Back