Pulled Pork Sandwich, SC-style. Thanks again PatAttack

Nice sammich Landarc, and good on you Pat. I just used that Melvin's Rub on some ribs last weekend. It's good stuff, the ribs met rave reviews at the party. :thumb:

I was weened on Melvin's brother Thomas's sauce, but like Melvins better. As a quick history lesson, there are 3 Bessinger brothers in SC, Melvin & Thomas in Charleston and Maurice in Columbia, and all 3 have a variation of their fathers (Joe) sauce.

If you are lucky enough to visit in person, you have to try one of the Onion Rings, they run $1.50 per ring and worth every penny.

One last bit of trivia, Emeril Lagasse declared Melvin's Cheesburger, the best in America a few years back.

What a beautiful hunk of butt, and the sandwich looks killer too. I like some of the mustard based sauces, I used to get the Big Butz Carolina magic :sad: and mix it with vinegar. I'm ordering a Melvin's gift bag when I get home. :becky:

Nice pork landarc. I love a good mustard sauce. Heck I love not so good mustard sauce too.

Thanks everyone, I sent off a load of pork this morning, I expect folks will love it. That sauce really has a nice zing factor. I get it would/will be good on a cheeseburger too.

Sadly Melvin passed away late in 2012. He and his brother Maurice and father Joe have been making great Q in S.C. since the 20s. They both have their own sauces and are similar. There are many BBQ joints here , in fact I live about 3 miles from one. Most if not all have at least one mustard based sauce. Glad to see a bit of S.C. all the way out in Ca.

What a beautiful hunk of butt, and the sandwich looks killer too. I like some of the mustard based sauces, I used to get the Big Butz Carolina magic :sad: and mix it with vinegar. I'm ordering a Melvin's gift bag when I get home. :becky:

I loved Carolina Magic but, it just didn't go. Think the premise was too strange for most. I did do a mustard sauce a little while ago that people liked but, it's an ultra small batch thing. Thinking I might whip up another batch of Carolina Magic and hold it in reserve for the hardcore fans.

Back