Spot open at Westmont comp

billm

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
anyone looking to cook the Westmont IL comp still on Memorial Day weekend? I had to give up my spot due to work and they are now looking for a team to fill the spot.
The comp has been full for awhile now so if any team missed the cutoff to signup and are still interested cooking it pm me and Ill give you the number to call.
Remember, Pitmasters will be filming there as well so its not a contest to miss.

You're not getting your check? It was discussed at the committee meeting

You're not getting your check? It was discussed at the committee meeting
not that Scottie - just trying to help them fill the empty spot. I guess the three on waiting list couldnt make it

I know Riskey Brisket was suprised it was filled at swamp boys class, I could see if he wanted it?

OK. That is another team that had to drop. I'm hoping I have a team for that spot.

one would think so..I wish I didnt have to drop out...

Scottie you had another team drop besides myself??

A rookie team was asking. I think their feet were getting cold...

A rookie team was asking. I think their feet were getting cold...
im really wondering why they cant find someone ..the contest filled up so quick i thought for sure some would be left in the cold

Last edited:
In my opinion they announced too soon that it was full. Folks quit sending them in then. They had a few in reserve and now they are mysteriously finding they had other things to attend.

In my opinion they announced too soon that it was full. Folks quit sending them in then.

I think you are right. I checked a couple weeks ago and was told it was full. I am going to be in Naperville the preceding weekend and wanted to stay and do the contest. To do so now would require much groveling, pleading, and expensive jewelery. :biggrin1:

But I am still whining.

yes..you need to contact Jim Addington I will PM you his phone number

just an fyi this is a double spot opening ..not sure if one must take the double spot or not

Back