• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

OK I Need Some AMESPHOS BEFORE Saturday!!

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Express shipping from The Ingredient Store is extremely high. I am hoping that there is a Brother or Sister somewhere near me that has some on hand, and would be willing to sell to me.

Or perhaps suggest another way of getting it before Saturday?

Anyone?

BTW Mods I hope I didn't mess up by putting this here, I just figured that more people in this section would be likely to have it than anyone else.

Last edited:
I'll bet if you PM he, He is on the brethren or use another media (FB) he can get it in the mail.

You should really just "Trust Your Butcher" Just sayin, I'll be there Friday and can help with product in that market.

You should really just "Trust Your Butcher" Just sayin, I'll be there Friday and can help with product in that market.

Thanks Brother. I do want to try the Butcher's products, but right now we aren't injecting brisket, just pork. I have a pork injection recipe that calls for Amesphos, so I'm gonna run with that this time. After that its gonna be a while before I compete again, so I'll have plenty of time to experiment.

Oh by the way, outstanding customer service by The Ingredient Store this morning! I emailed them this morning with my issue, and they told me to just order it with regular ground shipping and they would hurry the processing along.

Within an hour of placing my order, I got an email letting me know that it was shipped! Great service by the Ames folks!

They are great folks to deal with. They get orders shipped in a timely manner. I have some Amesphos if this falls through. Let me know and I could get you some out.

They are great folks to deal with. They get orders shipped in a timely manner. I have some Amesphos if this falls through. Let me know and I could get you some out.

The expected delivery day is Wednesday, so I should be good to go, but thank you for the offer!

Just an FYI...Butcher's sells more than brisket injection. Certainly that is what he is famous for, but he sells a pork injection and even a BBQ phosphate that sounds like what you were looking for. He also has great rubs and sauces too! I can understand not wanting to change a recipe at a contest, but just information for the future. Definitely Trust Your Butcher!

How do you use amesphos in injections? Do you just add a certain amt to what you already inject? How much?

How do you use amesphos in injections? Do you just add a certain amt to what you already inject? How much?

Well I'm just following an injection recipe, so I'm in the stage of familiarizing myself with the product, but I'm sure someone here can tell you more.

I am not familiar with this specific product, but it sounds like a basic phosphate. That would be an ingredient in any of the commercial injections you could buy. So if you were making your own injection from scratch, then this would be an ingredient you may want to use.

Kinda like if you were making your own rub, you would need to buy yourself some salt as one of the main ingredients...except salt can be found in any local store, and phosphates are a bit tougher to come across.

I wouldn't consider this product to be any sort of secret. You would still have to build a good injection around the product. Most folks I know go with one of the pre-made brands and then tweak that to their own preference. That is what I do as well. The makers of injections have already spent the hours and dollars to develop and test their products, so why duplicate the efforts?

Back