Meadow Creek and Digital blower advice.

zombie barbecue2

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I recently bought a meadow creek TS250 and I am wondering if competitors out there are using a Guru, Stoker or other device to give them better temperature control and longer burn time. Please elaborate on your system and experience. I am weighing my options and would love some other input.

Thanks,

Chris
Zombie Barbecue
chris@zombiebarbecue.com

I bought the 250 last year and thought about that to but i don't see the need. I get good temp control and burn times as is. just my thoughts

Butt Head,

How long did you have between coal and or wood additions. Looking to get some sleep after putting the brisket and butts on. I've cooked on a friends TS120 and I was always the overnight guy. What do you burn? Coal / Wood?

I had a guru on my offset. Between the air leakage and the undersized fire box you didn't gain very much.

Butt Head,

How long did you have between coal and or wood additions. Looking to get some sleep after putting the brisket and butts on. I've cooked on a friends TS120 and I was always the overnight guy. What do you burn? Coal / Wood?
I do coal to start with some wood on top then add wood as needed. I'm getting about 2-2 1/2 hours before adding wood and holding 240 constent
this smoker has cut my cooking time in half becouse of consistancy of temps

i have the same smoker and was wondering the samething .by the way check you temp guages mine were way off

yes mine are way off. What is the best way to correct. I got her going and hit 250. Thought it felt a bit hot. I put in my digital maverick and low and behold, it was 340 degrees.

My gauge is off too, don't know if you can calibrate them though, I just use my maverick and barely look at the lid thermo on my SQ36

Back