Beef Tenderloin, Roadside Chicken, ABT’s, & Grilled Veggies!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I picked up a whole trimmed beef tenderloin at the meat market. It was just the perfect size:

IMG_5855.jpg

IMG_5856.jpg

I then rubbed with Rub Company Original, combined with seasoned pepper. After the meat was fully anointed, I wrapped it in plastic wrap and put into the fridge.

IMG_5863.jpg

A bit later, The Missus made up some ABT’s. We prefer a firmer cheese in our ABT’s so instead of cream cheese, we used Colby jack. After the ABT’s were assembled, I dusted them with Simply Marvelous Pecan, which goes really well on ABT’s.

IMG_5872-1.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

Next, we cut up a small young chicken, which would be cooked roadside style in the UDS. We then placed the chicken on a rack so the skin could dry out a bit:

IMG_5879.jpg

We thought some veggies would be nice to grill up.

IMG_5882.jpg

After slicing them, we marinated them in olive oil, garlic, and lemon pepper.

IMG_5887.jpg

Time to start cooking! I fired up both the Kingsford Oval, and the UDS.

IMG_5889-1.jpg

I cut two small pieces of pecan and oak and added them to the Oval, and put the tenderloin on:

IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4539.jpg

When the UDS reached 300 degrees, I put the chicken and ABT’s on:

IMG_4537-1.jpg

At this point, my hands were full manning two cookers, so only had time to take pics of the tenderloin cooking. After about 15 mins, I flipped it:

IMG_4541.jpg

Almost done:

IMG_4555.jpg

Meanwhile, The Missus started on the veggies:

IMG_4566.jpg

When the meat and ABT's were done, I brought them in for a rest:

IMG_4569.jpg

After about 15 minutes, I cut the tenderloin:

IMG_4587.jpg

The filet cut like butter:

TenderloinTDpic10152011.jpg

At this point, we were famished, so no pics of everything plated, but the meal was fantastic! One of our guests had never eaten ABT's before, and he loved them.

Fantastic meal ya done there! That filet looks so good.

Believe it or not, I've never cooked a beef tenderloin. Well, I did try a couple of those el cheapo Ledbetter packs many years ago which were, um, pretty awful. I may have to break down one of these days after seeing this one, as it's gorgeous! The other menu items weren't too shabby either!:becky:

That's how you do it! Looks excellent as always! :thumb:

Believe it or not, I've never cooked a beef tenderloin. Well, I did try a couple of those el cheapo Ledbetter packs many years ago which were, um, pretty awful. I may have to break down one of these days after seeing this one, as it's gorgeous! The other menu items weren't too shabby either!:becky:

Guerry, they have both Choice and Prime whole tenderloins at Costco at great prices. We trim them, then reserve about half as a roast, then cut the rest into steaks. The chain meat is superb for kebabs!

Tenderloin looks awesome and I'll remember that pecan rub goes well with ABT's...

OMG!!! That meal must have been amazing!!! Great photos too!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Fabulous looking meal! Roadside chicken is always a favorite of mine but that beef wins the prize I think.

Hey Moose... Now that we are buddies, when do I get invited over for one of your fabulous feasts? :clap2::becky::heh:

That's some awesome looking grub there, Moose!

Great work.:thumb:

Back