Campgrounds/RV Park near Lynchburg

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have a place they would recommend near the Jack? My in-laws said they plan to make the trip down and are bringing the camper instead of a getting hotel room.

Didn't look to be a whole lot near by, and what there was seemed to leave something to be desired by the reviews I read.

Thanks

Koa in Manchester , bout half hour away from Lynchburg. Originally when I went I was gonna rv it but ended up in motel in tullahoma

We stayed there while visiting in 2009. It's really pretty close to the contest (within a short bike ride). Not sure why it would be rated low. Of course we didn't just camp and hang out there. It was a place to park the 5th wheel so we could sleep when we weren't down with friends at the site. The showerhouse was fine. It was a little steep on the roads and best I recall, some of the gravel roads were a little washed out. But the spot was pretty level, the electric hook up worked fine and no one messed with any of our stuff. Most importantly, they didn't mind Boondoggle Bob hurling on the ground there! :laugh: In Lynchburg, if you're involved with the contest all day and evening, it serves its purpose extremely well. The alternative is a 30 minute drive.

Maybe Jeff meant curling?

curling.jpg

Back