First Webber cook

Still first attempts for me.
I'm trying two zone reverse sear this time:

aMEqYFph.jpg

I haven't had a good experience with reverse sear, but I got some good advise in this thread: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261251 and I'm going to use it.

I also tried grilled fish on Saturday. It went fast. Too fast. My wife and kids liked the results but the cook was way too hot. I'm still learning this grill.
Today is a hot day so using the minion method with very little lit coal it's still started around 310f. I made a smaller intake gap and now it's down to 290.

Great looking cook. Very nice find for $100. Especially at the prices you described.

I think most here will agree, the Weber 22” is the single most versatile cooker in existence. Especially at the price point they occupy.

Welcome to the Weber Club. I’ve got a Performer, a WSM, and a little Spirit 210. I consider myself adequately armed.

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Too hot may simply be the number of coals you're using?..looks like you have a good pile going. Just over half a chimney is all I usually need. Charcoal basket, or fireplace bricks help a lot with 2 zone, and consumption.(sorry for the redundancy)

The hinge is kinda neat, but I can see a few tricks it eliminates for me.
Not too often, but sometimes I'll set the lid just off center so it's tilted with half an inch gap to draw heat across.
Usually only needed when I've added a chunk of wood, and it needs more air to burn clean.
Also nice to be able to spin the lid on the fly to change airflow when needed.

The 3rd one for me, would be that I've riveted my legs, and simply remove grates, pick up by the handle and a leg, then dump the ash in the weeds. Very simple cleanup required for the frequent use it gets.

Yes, you will love steaks off this grill.

I agree with Whitewookie. Best bang for the buck on the market!
If I could only have 1 grill, it would be a Weber kettle.
In the US, if you're quick, you can score them off craigslist for free!

Still first attempts for me.
I'm trying two zone reverse sear this time:

aMEqYFph.jpg

I haven't had a good experience with reverse sear, but I got some good advise in this thread: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261251 and I'm going to use it.

I also tried grilled fish on Saturday. It went fast. Too fast. My wife and kids liked the results but the cook was way too hot. I'm still learning this grill.
Today is a hot day so using the minion method with very little lit coal it's still started around 310f. I made a smaller intake gap and now it's down to 290.
A single layer of coals spread apart so you can see space between coals will give you lower temperatures.

Nice addition. I really need to branch out on my use of my kettle from hamburgers/hot dogs (and maybe one flank steak). Think I might try some wings.

I have a couple of Kettles. The most valuable cooker to me. I would keep one over all my other cookers.

Looks like you are giving yours a workout!

Back