Cooking for new TV commercial...

joshcary

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We loaded up a YS640 yesterday to shoot a new TV commercial (you can see the matte box for the RED on the left of the frame). Steaks, brats, veggie kabobs, ribs, corn on the cob, and cake!

Of course we wouldn't typically cook like this, but in this world, it's all about how it looks on camera! :grin:

ys640_food_zps446a898d.jpg

Looks delicious...
Never tried bbq cake.

Is this for a resturaunt? I will check it out next time I'm in Wichita

Looks great! Did ya'll get to eat it after you finished the commercial? :becky:

Of course we wouldn't typically cook like this, but in this world, it's all about how it looks on camera! :grin:
I saw an Academy ad the other day with a nice rack of ribs on top of a kettle- there was unlit charcoal under that and photoshopped orange glow in the spaces between the coals...I must be doing something wrong b/c my ribs never look that good when I forget to light the charcoal!!

The Commercial is for All Things Barbecue (our retail store in Wichita, KS). We own Yoder Smokers and ATBBQ, and do all of our film and video work in house. This spot was to specifically show off the YS640... Should be done in a day or two (rough edit is finished, just dropping in sound effects now). I'll drop it in this thread once it's all posted.

And yes, we did get to eat it... Of course with a crew of two, there were some serious leftovers! :razz:

Does Yoder have non pellet bbqs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes, Yoder builds all sorts of units. Offset, pellet, and charcoal.

www.yodersmokers.com <-- This is a new site (about a week old), with all of the current units and a few custom pieces to show what they do.

Any Yoder dealers near Manhattan ks?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back