Thread: BGE Sizes?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzlot View Post
like buying a TV, buy as big as you can afford and the space will allow. If you can afford the XL, and have the outdoor space, get it. I have an XL and I love the size/capacity. You'll find reasons to fill it up.

These are my thoughts exactly. I was all set to get the L and I called at the last minute and changed my mind to the XL, best move I've made to date. I've never cooked on any other size egg so it's hard to say if it's a fuel hog in comparison. I will say I'm amazed at how much charcoal I am able to re-use after every cook.

There is a lot you can do with the various rack systems on a large, perhaps even more configurations than on an XL, but for me, I love the amount I can get on without having to do anything special (lazy guy mod). Last week I did 2-8lb. butts, a brisket flat and two NAKED fatties, with room to spare. If you cook in pans you can get 2 aluminum half pans in side by side, or 1 full size pan.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote