Contest Results Auburn Hills

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Smokin' Scotsmen - Grand - way to go Walt and Theresa. First Grand.

Extreme Roasters - Reserve

I'll post the rest after Breakfast.

Excellent first year contest. They did the State proud and they wanted to know what needed to be fixed and if there was a problem they fixed it right away. Sure hope it happens next year and I think we'll get a lot more teams.

Also thanks to Dave and Chris Laikind for all the help. Look for these two to be cooking next year at this contest and watch out for their chicken as they sure paid attention to how I did the chicken. And they can tell you how excited I was when I started cutting the brisket. They have seen my dark side and survived.

Last edited:
full results

Overall

1 - Smokin' Scotsmen
2 - Extreme Roasters
3 - Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co.
4 - Pork of the North
5 - Steel Smokin' BBQ
6 - Motley Que Crew
7 - Big Bad Wolves
8 - Pappy Medley's BBQ Team
9 - Giggly Piggly BBQ Team
10 - Pigs-n-Digs BBQ Team

Chicken

1- Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co
2 - Smokin Scotsmen
3 - Steel Smokin' BBQ
4 - Big Bad Wolves
5 - Pigs-n-Diga BBQ Team
6 - Motley Que Crew
7 - Giggly Piggly BBQ Team
8 - BBCS BBQ Team
9 - Stump Brothers
10 - Extreme Roasters

Ribs

1 - Pork of the North
2 - Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co
3 - Smokin' Scotsmen
4 - Pigs-n-Digs BBQ Team
5 - Motley Que Crew
6 - Brothers Madigan
7- Extreme Roasters
8 - Pappy Medley's BBQ Team
9 - Ed's Holy Smoke BBQ
10 - Motor City Smoke Co.

Pork

1 - Extreme Roasters
2 - Steel Smokin' BBQ
3 - Smokin Scotsmen
4 - Motley Que Crew
5 - Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co.
5 - Pork of the North
7 - Ed's Holy Smoke
8 - Giggly Piggly BBQ Team
9 - Stomp Brothers
10 - Brothers Madigan

Brisket

1 - Extreme Roasters
2 - Pappy Medley's BBQ Team
3 - Smokin Scotsmen
4 - Steel Smokin' BBQ
5 - Motley Que Crew
6 - Pork of the North
7 - Big Bad Wolves
8 - Ed's Holy Smoke BBQ
9 - Beale St. Smokehouse BBQ
10 - Giggly Piggly BBQ Team

12 - Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co 129.7140 - and I deserved the score. It was tough brisket and maybe under cooked even though it read 202 and 204 when pulled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to Walt and Theresa and the Smokin Scotsmen Crew!!

Congrats to all who walked and heard their name called!!

Congrats to the Scotsmen! Fantastic!

I highlighted the Brethren teams that i spotted. If i missed someone please let me know!

Congrats to all!

And Ford, same kind of luck I've had this year in brisket, if it's not tough, it's dry.....

looks like the brethren had another great weekend.Hopefully in a couple weeks I will start contributing.

A great job by everyone, there were also several first time teams that attended.
Thanks to those who let me and Bruce B become temporary team members and official "taste testers"

Scott

Great first year for the Auburn Hills event. Shaun Keenan did a great job making it a success.

Congratulations to Troy, Larry and Sue, Motley Que, Ford and all who walked.

Theresa and I are still walking on air.

Congrats to the Smokin Scotsmen. Hopefully you will be coming up to the UP to see if you can do two Michigan events in a row.... And the same to Motley Que Crew. We'd love to have you guys come back up. Seemed we had a great time the last time you were here. And to the Auburn Hills organizers.... don't know you, but it sounds like a job well done. Now it's time to relax.. you deserve it.

By the way, my appologies to the folks in Lowell at the River Walk contest. It is either age, or being an event organizer..?? I guess we're third in line. Of well, all the rest of what I said still holds!:lol:

Congrats Walt and Theresa....awesome job....everyone who got the calls awesome job.....

Nice job Scotsman!. And to all the other brethrens that took the walk.

Congrats to Walt and Theresa!! Great job,

Also congrats to all who walked.

Does anyone have any photos of this one? Curious about the venue

Congrats Walt and Theresa!!!! Way to Go!!!!! And congrats to all the Brethren that walked! Great Showing!

looks like the brethren had another great weekend.Hopefully in a couple weeks I will start contributing.

I assume your talking about the UP comp. I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

Really appreciate the congrats - the first one feels very good! Congrat's to everyone else that took a walk!!

Also want to say thanks to our incredible teamates Joe and Nicole.....you both rock!!:wink:

Does anyone have any photos of this one? Curious about the venue

Wulf aka Joe took some pics. Hopefully when he has a chance to jump on he'll post some.

Woo Hoo, congrats to the Smokin Scots Team on your first GC!

Congrats also to the other teams who made the walk.

Nice. I didn't see any pina colado's though? :twisted:

And man ford, you're going to be looking like a Harley dude if you get any more ink... Is the new ink also BBQ related? You need to pimp out your cart for a more HD feel...

Back