View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
Just Smokin' Around
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC PIG ASSASSINS View Post
Anyone ever had problem with the fire inspector about the tarp being flame resistant?
It's requied in some locations - mostly cities where the fire dept. has set up rules. You can download the fire retardant certificate off the Caravan website. I carry it with the pop-ups just in case. You may need them in DC if they inspect - cook teams can be required to show them.

If you go with Caravan, then you can order ther steel frame 10x10 online from Costco for about $225. If you go to the Costco store, they are about $190 for aluminium frame. They come with solid side walls. I got the steel frame.
I like Caravan because I don't like pushing in the "button" to raise and lower the legs and canopy with the EZ-Up - pinched fingers. Caravan has a pull-pin design.

I saw a post somewhere a few months ago for screened sidewalls for $20 for 4 - fits a 10x10. I was going to get them off the Caravan website (mentioned above) until I found these - forget the name of the company, but it was a cheaper canopy company. So, hunt around. Haven't used them yet.
Medium BGE, Weber Kettle and gasser, other toys
Just Smokin' Around is offline   Reply With Quote