AR help please

foppa78

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am not competing but I hope to attend my first American Royal this year. I have seen talk of parking, shuttles, wristbands, etc... Looking to experience it all. Anyone have some tips?

The earlier you can get there Friday the better. The shuttles go until 10PM or 11PM I can not remember. Friday night is defiantly the night to come out.

Agree that Friday is the day to come out. Don't wait too late. The earlier the better.

You are in KC , so can by advance tickets to save $ and time standing in line.

Shuttles are really the way to go. They run late and take a lot of the hassle out of the transportation.

This is an experience not to be missed for any BBQ fan.

Have fun.

If you are looking for a team to hang out with for the week, we would be happy to have you, plus we are in need of a "runner" for turnins, PM if you are interested.

Don't know if this is your first Royal or not but this event is not your regular BBQ event. The amount of people and obstacles from your spot to turn in is unbelievable. A good share of teams even employe a blocker to split the sea of people for the runner.
Don't know if this is a job for a rookie runner.
Just a heads up.
Ed

Thanks for the offer columbia1 but I am not sure exactly when or for how long I will be able to be down there.

Back