What to do with boring pork loin leftovers?

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I cooked a pork loin today which tastes good but is a little dry - I'll leave out the cook details in this instance so as to stay focused on what to do with the leftovers rather than discuss pork loin cooking methods. I got plenty left we'll be eating this week so I'm looking for ideas on what to do with it when reheating.

So - what do y'all do with pork loin leftovers that need a little help?

Thanks!

Make up some gravy and make an open face sammich.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Sorry for your disapointment, gtr. Besides the sammy possibility, you could also still make superb stir fries, chow mein, other Asian recipes.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Make up some gravy and make an open face sammich.

I do the same for just about any pork loin that gets away from me and goes dry. Gravy is a tasty quick fix.

The sammich idea is a good one. I'll cast my vote for that.

• Thanks
Enchiladas, Green chili stew, Burnt ends,Cuban samiches,Hash

• Thanks
You can certainly do hot open face sandwiches and a nice stew or Chile verde. You could make it into a meatloaf, if you have a good grinder.

• Thanks
Deli sliced thin, cold sammies. Best way IMO.

Just a FYI, if it was dry, you overcooked it. I never had a dry loin when I remove from cooker at 140, and lightly tent in foil for 30 minutes. Don't want to wrap in foil because it will continue to cook into the 150s while wrapped.

Thin sliced and put in an omelet would be another option.

You could also dice and toss it into some fried rice.

• Thanks
Sliced pork loin with a pepper slaw and Swiss, grilled on panini press.

• Thanks
Dice like minced beef.
Add to fried, diced onion,diced Bell peppers,diced bacon.
refry in Hoi Sin and soy sauce to taste.
Eat with fried rice of choice.

• Thanks
Make a variation of this. One of my favorites. Next time brine your loin for a few hours and cook till 147-150 internal and let it rest. Will be moist every time. FDA lowered the final finish temp of pork I believe to 145 but I go a bit higher because my wife still won't touch even slightly pink pork. Here ya go. Delish.
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pork_and_poblano_stew/

• Thanks
Make brunswick stew. I Googled the "Smokey Bones" recipe and it turned out well. Use loin meat instead of PP.

• Thanks
I like these three: open face, Cubans and Pork rice.

This thread is making hungry!!

• Thanks
Slice thin, heat slightly and toss them on top of a big salad with lots of fresh veggies. We do that a lot with all kinds of leftovers including pork loin.

• Thanks
Back