Recipe: Pork Carnitas (pics)

Looks farking great!

One question, I've seen some recipes use lard. What's the point of adding lard if the butt already has a lot of fat?

Looks very tasty! I love Carnitas. I like mine with just grilled onion and guacamole.

Just checked out your blog and looks awesome. Added it to my favorites.

Those look fantastic. Excellent photography goes a long way towards bringing your creations to my senses... nice work as usual :)

Looks farking great!

One question, I've seen some recipes use lard. What's the point of adding lard if the butt already has a lot of fat?

I think that there's some sort of law that states that all Mexican food must
contain lard in some form or fashion. :-D

John

John I can't describe how wonderful the whole house smells right now ! The Carnitas have another 2 hrs to go before dinner is served. Thanks for the recipe. :grin:

John I can't describe how wonderful the whole house smells right now ! The Carnitas have another 2 hrs to go before dinner is served. Thanks for the recipe. :grin:

It's my pleasure, bro. Please keep me/us updated. I'm flattered that you'd
try the recipe.

John

Looks great as usual John. I've made a similar type carnitas recipe that does a braise and broil and also make authentic deep fried in lard (or peanut oil) in the turkey frier. Both are great. I'll have to try it with your ingredients some time soon.

As with all the items you post to this site, great job and great recipe! Those look delicious!!!

Back