Cooking Class cancersuckschicago.com BBQ Class /fundraiser

I just wanted to thank all the Brethren that will be coming and supporting this special BBQ class. I am proud to announce that the class has officially sold out. I did take a couple extra that pushed me over my numbers. But in reality, we will have raised over $13k for cancer research and to assist those that are fighting this terrible disease.

So I want to thank the Brethren, Mike and Beth Wozniak, **** *** BBQ Sauce, The ********** *****, ******' **** BBQ, ****'* ******* *******, ***********.com, C********, ********* ****, ***** ******** *****, Uncle Bub's BBQ and lastly the cancersuckschicago.com BBQ team for the donations made to this event.

Some names were redacted to protect those that are coming to the class.... :twisted:

Looking forward to it Scottie, should be a fun weekend.
Pete

I am so excited - 2 days left. This is also my first trip to Chicago so I hope my GPS is right.

Weather looks nice for the weekend.

Feb 19 Friday
Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the low 20s.

Feb 20 Saturday
A few snow showers. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the upper teens.

I don't know what I am looking forward to the most, legalized shigging or meeting a bunch of the Brethren. Either way - I'm ready!!

anybody getting in thursday night...the wife and I are flying in from NY and will be in town by 7pm. would like to gett together with some brethren thursday evening ...maybe some lou malnati's or other deep dish pizza?:-D

Im very glad you had a huge sucessfull class and dontated a huge amount of money to your cause Scottie.
God bless you!

anybody getting in thursday night...the wife and I are flying in from NY and will be in town by 7pm. would like to gett together with some brethren thursday evening ...maybe some lou malnati's or other deep dish pizza?:-D

Are you staying at the Clubhouse Inn on Thursday night? There isn't any of the classic Chicago deep dish places very close to the hotel. Maybe Scottie can recommend something. There is a Connies Pizza on Ogden Avenue in Westmont that is close. i haven't been there in years but it used to be good.

The closest Malnati's full service restaurant is probably Naperville, about 9 miles west of the hotel.

Now.. If you are interested in something else, there are a couple of very good restaurants in Westmont, but not classic Chicago stuff.

Bohemian Crystal - Just off of Ogden Ave in Westmont. I think this is ne of the best eastern european restaurants in this area. Great food, large portions and relatively inexpensive.

Chinese Kitchen - a couple of miles south on Cass Avenue from Odgen. As the name implies, chinese, but good chinese. I couldn't find a web site so I linked to the Yelp review page

Katy's Dumpling House - In a strip mall on Cass Avenue just south of Odgen. It is a small place but good dim sum. I couldn't find a web site so I linked to the Yelp reviews.

I'm not sure if I can get away or not, but if you end up at Malnati's in Naperville I may be able to sneak over for a bit, but don't base your decision on me. I'll PM my cell number just in case you need someone local.

Are you staying at the Clubhouse Inn on Thursday night? There isn't any of the classic Chicago deep dish places very close to the hotel. Maybe Scottie can recommend something. There is a Connies Pizza on Ogden Avenue in Westmont that is close. i haven't been there in years but it used to be good.

The closest Malnati's full service restaurant is probably Naperville, about 9 miles west of the hotel.

Now.. If you are interested in something else, there are a couple of very good restaurants in Westmont, but not classic Chicago stuff.

Bohemian Crystal - Just off of Ogden Ave in Westmont. I think this is ne of the best eastern european restaurants in this area. Great food, large portions and relatively inexpensive.

Chinese Kitchen - a couple of miles south on Cass Avenue from Odgen. As the name implies, chinese, but good chinese. I couldn't find a web site so I linked to the Yelp review page

Katy's Dumpling House - In a strip mall on Cass Avenue just south of Odgen. It is a small place but good dim sum. I couldn't find a web site so I linked to the Yelp reviews.

I'm not sure if I can get away or not, but if you end up at Malnati's in Naperville I may be able to sneak over for a bit, but don't base your decision on me. I'll PM my cell number just in case you need someone local.

Thanks for the info!

I might need some good Chinese carbs on Saturday after all of that meat. :biggrin:

thanks for the info:-D...we are staying at the clubhouse inn westomont...rented a car so 9 miles doesnt seem so bad...have seen lou's on various travel channel and food network programs so would like to check it out...but we arent leaving unitl sunday so hopefully we will be able to check out some other places

Looking forward to it, are we allowed to take a few pictures?

So good to hear of a full class and a great fundraiser!

Congrats on the sellout Scottie, great job!
I'm sure it will be a great success :)

just got a chance to check out the Clubhouse Inn website...looks great! including:
Our Complimentary Breakfast Buffet includes: hot scrambled eggs, link sausage or bacon, golden hash browns, biscuits and gravy, pancakes or french toast, make-your-own Belgian waffle, coffee cake or danish, dry or hot cereal, fruit, milk, juice, and Colombian coffee or hot tea from our coffee bar - complete with flavored syrups.
A complimentary Nightly Cocktail Hour that includes beer, wine, full cocktail service, sodas, as well as light snacks from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM every evening except Sunday.
Indoor pool and jacuzzi!!!
thanks scottie for getting a group discount at this hotel

Nothing but the best Tim. ;)

China Chef in downtown is good. Connie's is still the best deep dish if you don't want to drive. Rosati's, well done for a thin crust that is right across street from hotel. Also close to the hotel is Pappadeux, which is a cajun type restaurant. Awesome food! Siam kitchen on Ogden for Thai. Drive about 3 miles down Ogden for a combo at Scooby's Red Hots in Downers Grove. Taco Express in downtown is also good quick eating. Uncle Bub's has awesome food as well. Just had some outstanding jambalaya there last night.

Beer/wine at the Jewel at Cass and Ogden.

I think those are all my haunts locally.

Nothing but the best Tim. ;)

China Chef in downtown is good. Connie's is still the best deep dish if you don't want to drive. Rosati's, well done for a thin crust that is right across street from hotel. Also close to the hotel is Pappadeux, which is a cajun type restaurant. Awesome food! Siam kitchen on Ogden for Thai. Drive about 3 miles down Ogden for a combo at Scooby's Red Hots in Downers Grove. Taco Express in downtown is also good quick eating. Uncle Bub's has awesome food as well. Just had some outstanding jambalaya there last night.

Beer/wine at the Jewel at Cass and Ogden.

I think those are all my haunts locally.

I forgot about China Chef! I haven't been there in at least 20 years! Scooby's is a good choice!

BBQ guys + jacuzzi.....that can't end well:lol:

Once we get out they'll have to add water!

A complimentary Nightly Cocktail Hour that includes beer, wine, full cocktail service, sodas, as well as light snacks from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM every evening except Sunday.

I don't see anything on the agenda about time off for happy hour. Is there any way to fix that????? :twisted:

I don't see anything on the agenda about time off for happy hour. Is there any way to fix that????? :twisted:

I'll talk fast! :wink:

In reality, I built in extra time for questions, et al. So if we finish up early, I might be joining ya! :shock:

Back