Little Help Please

MattG

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have been asked to cater an all-you-can-eat Thanksgiving dinner for a group of people that work in the counties water dept. The said there would be 36 people all adults (no kids). They have requested Fried Turkey, Smoked Turkey, Green Beans, Dressing, Gray, Cranberry, Grilled Squash & Zucchini, Mashed Potato’s, Salad, Pound Cake, and Sweet Tea. They have asked that I just bring it to them and drop it off, so I will not be serving them. The all you can is really throwing me off. Has anyone done a job like this? Can anyone help with the how much food and how much to charge? Cooking it is not a problem I have all of the necessary equipment its just when I hear all-u-can and county works I get scared. :eek: Haha Thanks all.

I would charge them about $16 per person and figure 8-10 oz. per person of both turkeys and 1-4 in. full pan of all the sides. I would also make sure to add tax and delivery fee to the finall price.

Firstly, there is no such thing as all you can eat for drop off. I would not worry about folks being too hungry with that menu. Just do not set yourself up for failure with that "all you can eat" deal.

Invoice it as a "Nobody Goes Away Hungry Lunch / Dinner", not all you can eat buffet at $17 a head and plan 1/2 pound meat per person and double the side dish servings. You'll be fine.

Thanks everyone. I figured $15.20 a head. We will see how it will go. Thanks agian.

Matt - I agree with the 1/2 lb of meat and double the sides. The key to this will also be the timing and warming so everything is ready to serve at the same time. Best of luck ....

I got a call from these people again and they wanted me to do provide Smoked Turkey, Fried Turkey, 4 vegetables, salad, rolls, 2 types of desert, Tea, plates, and utensils for now get this a whopping $7 per person.:shock::eek::shock: I laughed and said really. The lady told me that’s what they get every year and has never paid over $7 a person. I told her the food alone would cost that much but thanks for calling.
This just reminds me that you don’t want all of the business. :rolleyes:

Back