• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Stuffed pork loin cajun style

CajunSmoker

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Rolling down the river between St Louis and New Or
I took a 5# pork loin, butterflied it and put it in Andouille sausage cure for 2 days

Rolled it out

covered it in crawfish tail meat

chopped up some trinity plus cilantro and covered the crawfish meat with it.

Rerolled the roast and tied it up

I'm going to take it with me to Columbus, Ms to the Grilling on the River contest that were judging this weekend and smoke it for dinner tommorow on the weber kettle with some pecan chunks .

If any of you farkers are in the area, come by and have a sample:cool:

Looks fantastic Rodger. Curios though, you say you used a Andouille sausage cure......did you not rinse it off after two days, or is that some kind of additional rub you put on it.

Enjoy the weekend and Judging!:wink:

You really need to share a little more. You should know I would be all over a piece of meat seasoned like that.

Looks fantastic Rodger. Curios though, you say you used a Andouille sausage cure......did you not rinse it off after two days, or is that some kind of additional rub you put on it.

Enjoy the weekend and Judging!:wink:

I've used the recipe before with pork butt and stuffed the meat into casings before smoking. I didn't rinse the meat then and it wasn't too salty. I just thought that skipping the grinding and stuffing and letting the loin stay whole would give the andouille taste to the recipe without adding sausage.

You really need to share a little more. You should know I would be all over a piece of meat seasoned like that.

Here's the recipe for the seasoning Kevin. It's from the NOLA recipe site http://www.nolacuisine.com/2005/11/14/andouille-sausage-recipe/ . It makes some pretty tasty sausage. We'll see how the loin turns out:rolleyes:

Looks great Rodger. Unfortunately, can't make the trip for that sample. Too bad!

Very nice - love andoullie sausage - never thought of using it like that. Thanks for the great idea!

Rodger that looks great! I wish I could have been there to get a taste.

Back