immersion blender?

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a hand held "immersion" blender. Cook's illustrated recommends the Kitchenaid but they are pricey. anyone have any recommendations?
thanks

I have been using the Braun vario for about 5 years. The thing is indestructible. I use it for everything. It came with 3 heads a whip, a blender, and a small food processor. The only thing is I don't think they make it anymore. This one has all of the attachments I have but the wattage is low. Look for something that is 280 or above.

Braun MR430HC-WH

Immersion Blender

I have a braun also, and it's worked for at over 6 years without a problem. I think the latest model of it is called the multiquick.

I have a cheapie Hamilton Beach. 15.5 years old, decent use, and works liek a champ. I love having one around, especially for mixing my protein shakes.

braun here too.... about 4 years old and i beat the crap out of it.... chopping ice, buts, hard cheeses,, etc.. and it never complains.

Shoot, I just watched a DVR of that Cook's Illustrated show yesterday, and they tested immersion blenders. If I didn't have that old man's disease of CRS, I'd tell you that.....hmmmm, somebody won:oops:....think it was:mad:.....it was Kitchenaid, I believe...the winner was about $59, and it hung with the Brauns that were $90-100. You've probably got this in the written version of CI too, but it said all were passable, and the few they recommended were due to their ability to puree veggies well.

Shoot, I just watched a DVR of that Cook's Illustrated show yesterday, and they tested immersion blenders. If I didn't have that old man's disease of CRS, I'd tell you that.....hmmmm, somebody won:oops:....think it was:mad:.....it was Kitchenaid, I believe...the winner was about $59, and it hung with the Brauns that were $90-100. You've probably got this in the written version of CI too, but it said all were passable, and the few they recommended were due to their ability to puree veggies well.

yeah thats what they recommended in their mag while back..kitchenaid. ton of 'em on ebay. the "russell hobbs" brand is interesting. seems like higher wattage (320).

Last edited:
If you get CI in your area and want to see it (I think mine is on the public tv station), the episode is the one in which they make Marinara sauce, and taste test canned tomatoes. (Reading this, I apparently have waaaay too much time on my hands).

Santa brought me a Braun one for Christmas...haven't used it yet, but happy to hear everyone likes thier's!!! :cool:

I have the Braun as well. Its worked great for 5 years. My buddy has a Waring commercial. The torque is amazing and if you are doing large stock pot full if soups sauce etc its the way to go.

I have a Braun and a Kitchen Aid and they both work great so either way you won't go wrong.

Between them, I believe that the Kitchen Aid is the better of the two and will probably last longer, but time and use will tell.

Mine is a Braun too. Works Great. I have had it about three years.
I was leaning toward the Kitchenaid, but got this as a gift. So like BBQ-mafia says, either one is good.

Back