View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #15
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
Dang that looks great and it's smoked how.....what.......wow!!!!!
Hey, Diesel, show this thread to your brother the baker, maybe he'll make one. I've discovered a few things about smoking pies, pastries, soufflé and cakes in my kamado: smoke a little cooler (minus 10 to 15%) than the recipe, smoke less time (about 20 to 25% lower temperature) than the recipe calls for, have 'one or two pans/CI/broiler pan with both sections' below the flour product and check for doneness more often near the end of smoking time. I have to be extra careful if my cake, etc. needs to be positioned over hot spots, flour products burn easily.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->