North East Indiana help locating a open top

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I gotta build a UDS for a Christmas present and my drum source dried up. Any ideas on finding a open top close by. I did find one an hour away but i'll take closer if i can find it. Thanks.

I tried feed stores already.

Edit - I had missed where you already tried feed stores- --food factories/plants.

Last edited:
You just got tired of grinding. :-D

I'll know in an hour or two. I put a bug in my retired Dad's ear. Probably have one lined up by sundown.

in other words you farked it up LOL
lmao...no not yet. The key word being yet ;)

Seriously though this has to look commercially built said and done and the open top will be better for this Christmas gift application. I'm keeping the closed top for a back up for me....maybe a pooper UDS.

lmao...no not yet. The key word being yet ;)

Seriously though this has to look commercially built said and done and the open top will be better for this Christmas gift application. I'm keeping the closed top for a back up for me....maybe a pooper UDS.

just messin with ha

actually I am in a similar boat. I want to make one for a good buddy who has done several favors for me and I want something that will look real nice

So I am tossing around the idea of making one using the BPS kit.

If it was for me, I would not but I think for a gift it would be cool

I know I can get the top off just fine since I have done it on a few of them

just messin with ha

actually I am in a similar boat. I want to make one for a good buddy who has done several favors for me and I want something that will look real nice

So I am tossing around the idea of making one using the BPS kit.

If it was for me, I would not but I think for a gift it would be cool

I know I can get the top off just fine since I have done it on a few of them
This one is gonna be a BPS smoker..and black high heat powder coated to boot. Thing is gonna look off the hook bad a**. I'm just donating my time and "skills" as a gift because his wife is paying for the parts.

That's just way cool of ya.
Thanks Dave...I turned this guy onto smoking and he bought a pooper. Now it's time for him to take the training wheels off so to speak and enjoy more of the experience. This will be their lake cottage smoker and i'm sure he'll enjoy showing it off. It'll be nicer than mine! haha.

Back