Cuban Sandwich...Pron Inside.

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well I missed the deadline for the Meat and Potatoes TD. Which is probably good since all I did potato wise was throw some fries in the oven. :tsk: Click here to see the real entries and cast your vote!

The meat for the sandwiches however went onto the egg over cowboy lump and a couple cherry chunks.

Picnic's were on sale for $.99/lb. Got me a 9 something lb'er.

I was planning on a mojo style marinade with garlic, onions, and sour orange but I couldn't find any sour orange once again. I bailed out on that plan and marinaded the butt in Mojo Criollo courtesy of Goya for about 8 hours.

Before it went on the smoker I hit it with a layer of Sazon Tropical that I found at a grocery store in Jersey while on vacation last summer. I thought the Annato in there would play nicely.

The pork was on at 225* for about 8 hrs then I kicked it up to 275* to finish. The ham was on for about 4 hrs.

I assembled them from bottom up, mustard, pickle, pork, ham then swiss and pressed them on the Griddler. Plated with some old bay fries.

It was a good day.

Thanks for looking!

:peace:

drooling.gif
drooling.gif

I loves me a Cubano! There's a great Cuban bakery nearby that makes those and they are awesome. Yours looks fanrarkingtastic, especially with the fries. With those sammiches, it seems to me it all comes down to the balance of the ingredients as well as the bread itself. That griddling thing - very good move! :cool:

Looks great! We just got a griddler and christened it by making Cuban Sandwiches. SO GOOD!!!!!

Thank you friends. Now that I've looked at this again, I'm thinking I might have to do round 2 for dinner tonight.

Back