pitmaster iq 110 on uds

shawnmcchesney12

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello all just picked up my new uds and a pitmaster iq 110 controller. I was looking for advice with something. My question is how should I run my uds with the pitmaster operating? Do I need to leave all my air intakes closed or open. I havent played around yet just trying to get some tips and tricks from the bbq gods here. Thanks in advance

your pitmaster is your intake, so you would just have that one open and run the exaust accordingly, the fire should go out or almost out if you were too unplug the controller.

Yea close all the intakes and hook the IQ up to a ball valve. They have 3/4 and 1 inch adapters, hopefully you have one.

Hey Shawn!
This is what i had to do had to my IQ-110 after my second overnight er. Had to get up for a nature's call and decided to take a quick look at my Maverick-732. I could not believe that my drum was sitting at 400*. The Red light on the IQ just blinking. The wind had shifted during the night and was gusting up to 25 mph.
Blowing air right through the openings of the unit. The fan never ran. Duct tape to the rescue . I left only 1 opening on the fans grill. Now when i use it, the fan has to do its job by working just a little harder and longer.

Hey Shawn!
This is what i had to do had to my IQ-110 after my second overnight er. Had to get up for a nature's call and decided to take a quick look at my Maverick-732. I could not believe that my drum was sitting at 400*. The Red light on the IQ just blinking. The wind had shifted during the night and was gusting up to 25 mph.
Blowing air right through the openings of the unit. The fan never ran. Duct tape to the rescue . I left only 1 opening on the fans grill. Now when i use it, the fan has to do its job by working just a little harder and longer.

Wood, build a rainbox for 10 bucks.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS5L7l9VZLU"]Build This BBQ Electronics Rain Box For Your Thermometer, iQue, Guru, Stoker! - YouTube[/ame]

Yea close all the intakes and hook the IQ up to a ball valve. They have 3/4 and 1 inch adapters, hopefully you have one.

Hey Shawn!

Thank you I will keep that in mind

The above posters are right on the money. Keep all other intakes closed.

I will throw a caveat out there. I open another intake vent if I want to cook hot and fast (300°+). The fan alone can't sustain that temperature.

The above posters are right on the money. Keep all other intakes closed.

I will throw a caveat out there. I open another intake vent if I want to cook hot and fast (300°+). The fan alone can't sustain that temperature.

I used my Pitmaster IQ110 saturday night to maintain 325 degrees with all my other inlets closed for 5 hours without any problems to do some ribs, fatty, chicken, and abts

I used my Pitmaster IQ110 saturday night to maintain 325 degrees with all my other inlets closed for 5 hours without any problems to do some ribs, fatty, chicken, and abts
I guess it depends on the chicken because it is just that sometimes chickens put out so much moisture it creates an evaporative cooling effect and it's hard for the fan to keep steady temps above 300.

Anything else it's not a problem the IQ will keep up just fine.

I guess it depends on the chicken because it is just that sometimes chickens put out so much moisture it creates an evaporative cooling effect and it's hard for the fan to keep steady temps above 300.

Anything else it's not a problem the IQ will keep up just fine.

probably, i only had 1 chicken on pit. Although had a couple racks of ribs, a couple of fatties.

Back