what is Peach Paper

T

tonytort

I have read many posts to wrap or not to wrap and foil or paper but what is the difference in white and peach paper? I worked in a REAL butcher shop as a teen and we had white and peach paper but I dont remember what we used the peach paper for.

I use white paper, as it is undyed, I assume peach means it is the pink stuff, which is just dyed paper. I don't think there is a difference as long as it is uncoated butcher paper.

I just bought a roll of peach paper to wrap my brisket. It feels like a brown paper bag on both sides. Ive seen the white and some of it has a layer of polyurethane for freezing purposes. Some folks say it's bad also cuz white is bleached, but i bought the peach cuz it is what Aaron Franklin uses. Search BBQwithFranklin on youtube.

I just found this:

"Meat Saver peach papers (Butcher Paper) are 10" x 12" or 250 x 300mm. Used to line counter display trays and to place between layers of fresh meat to retain freshness of the surface of the meat and extend shelf life. Supplied in a quantity of 1000 in brown paper packs."

I think that the pink butcher paper typical to Central Texas BBQ joints is different stuff.

Back