akorn and uds

stevenw106

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
i have and currently use a uds thinking of getting one of those new akorns is there any advantages of one over the other in other words can the akorn replace a uds

Last edited:
Akorn is insulated and needs a difuser an well in the shape of a Akron. Uds is a 55gal drum and is heaven sent from bbq god's, just sayin I have them both. I got my Akron to do steaks and pizzas it just so happens it can also smoke.

Sent from my SGH-T999

I've had great luck with my Akorn and used it 4-5 times per week since buying it last June.

No complaints other than maybe wanting more room. Heck...a second Akorn would fix that, though.

200 degree ribs for six hours....then open up the vents while I'm slicing the ribs onto a serving platter.....then 600+ degree ribeyes. An ultimate meal. Same load of lump.

I've never had a UDS but would like to learn more about them.

dub

I've had great luck with my Akorn and used it 4-5 times per week since buying it last June.

No complaints other than maybe wanting more room. Heck...a second Akorn would fix that, though.

200 degree ribs for six hours....then open up the vents while I'm slicing the ribs onto a serving platter.....then 600+ degree ribeyes. An ultimate meal. Same load of lump.

I've never had a UDS but would like to learn more about them.[/QUOTEyea ive seen your writing on gon i follow gon closely i have auds and love it i just thought the akorn do better since its insulated

I have both, along with a MUDS and use all three. Each one has their use and place.

My buddy has an akorn as well as a fast eddie's pellet smoker.

His intention was to use it as a grill with occasional light smoking, and use the big cabinet for competition and feasts.

He LOVES it as a smoker - med size butts, ribs, chicken chug along with hardly any fuel usage. two handfuls of lump is enough to rock a 6hr cook no problem.

Don't have any exp. with an Akorn, but UDS's rule!!! You'd have to pull mine from my cold, dead hands!

Back