• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Finally Purchased my Smoker

Boudreaux

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well, It's done. After much research about the smoker that would best serve my needs, and the research about all the mods of that particular smoker, I have ordered my 22.5.

By the end of January I should receive my WSM 22.5 from Amazon. I feel sure I will hit the ground running with this project. I will have a hard time keeping from using the unit until I'm able to complete the mods...LOL....

This site and a Weber-based site were instrumental in my research and final decision of purchase. Thanks to all. I look forward to doing the mods that will make this unit, "My perfect smoker".....

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Nice! Welcome to the club!!

Have to ask though, I didn't think a WSM needed mods straight outta the box?? What are you planning on modding?

I wouldn't go crazy with the mods, it doesn't need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats and good luck with it!

A WSM doesn't need mods but they are fun to do and can make the cooker easier to use.
I've done a few to mine.

Sent from my Android phone.

Great choice IMNSHO.

It will work fine out of the box (except for being a little drafty until some smoke builds up to make better seals.) I've made a few minor mods to mine that make it better.

Enjoy!

OH..... I FORGOT..... I also purchased a MAVERICK ET732 .... My intentions are a mod in the side of the smoker for that unit. Mods for wheels, mod to help maintain the cover. possibly something to help total air control. Handles for the middle area. Considering a second vent on the roof..... Things to make it perfect for me.... LOL....

The only mods worth doing on the WSM is adding more racks and building a wind blocker for it.

The wind blocker allows you to cook year round in any weather without running into temp issues.

The racks are because this thing can cook a lot, but when it comes to doing a big mess of ribs or chicken the additional rack/racks will come in handy.

Well, It's done. After much research about the smoker that would best serve my needs, and the research about all the mods of that particular smoker, I have ordered my 22.5.

By the end of January I should receive my WSM 22.5 from Amazon. I feel sure I will hit the ground running with this project. I will have a hard time keeping from using the unit until I'm able to complete the mods...LOL....

This site and a Weber-based site were instrumental in my research and final decision of purchase. Thanks to all. I look forward to doing the mods that will make this unit, "My perfect smoker".....

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

congrats & good choice with the Weber 22", it is a great bbq pit and I'm sure that you will have a lot of fun using it.

I did a couple of mods to mine and experimented with sand in the water pan & running the pan empty (i prefer running empty). its a great cooker to do mods to, experiment with and cook food that your family and friends will enjoy.

Now, if you are anything like me, you will be clicking on the "track this package" link about 10,000 times until its delivered to you.

My last cook went for 12 hours without touching a daisy wheel. Not sure how you could "improve" on that...

Like many here, I'm no different. I check the UPS button twice a day. I'm surprise (and pleased) to see the shipment is happening quickly.

The WSM left a place north of Chattanogga, TN yesterday morning, scanned in and out of Nashville quickly, scanned out of Memphis just as quick.

If UPS shipping history repeats it's self out of Memphis, the next stop in about 4 hours is Jackson, MS, then Opelousas, LA about 4AM tomorrow, and out for Delivery tomorrow before the end of the day. That means I could very well have my WSM smoker before 3PM tomorrow (Friday).

Unfortunately, I can't play with it this weekend. I have rock-solid plans, so I will be doing something with the WSM in the middle of the week.

Thanks to all for the info and the support. I look forward to a happy future with this unit......

Back